Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Ownershio Registration

Options
  • 28-12-2006 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. When I bought my dog about 2 years ago, I got a ownership registration certificate (kinda like a car log book) with her, which I filled in and sent off, but never heard anything back, and I don't know if I was supposed to.

Does anyone know if this is a government certificate?

Is it something to do with the IKC?

Anyone know how I can get a replacement?

A lot of questions I know, but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Where did you sent it to?

I suspect you may have been had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vegatrip

Nah, actually, it was the IKC registration certificate, the breeder just told me I can request a new one (should have called her first). I have an IKC number for the dog, so I don't think its pedegree is in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

vegatrip wrote:
    I have an IKC number for the dog, so I don't think its pedegree is in question.

Strictly speaking you could breed 2 mongrels together and register the pups with the IKC so long as you have 2 sets of papers to assign the pups to, papers mean nothing. I've seen IKC papers exchange hands for as little as €20 so that the pups of a dog that was a pom/chihuahua cross could be registered as poms.

Advertisement