Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options for Donegal town

Options
  • 28-12-2006 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all, moving to Donegal next week and am setting up an office in Donegal town. Eircom have been v. slow in getting the phone line connected in the office with the result that it looks like there is no option of having DSL broadband until end of January!

Anybody know of any wireless broadband options in Dongeal town?

Thanks
    Conleth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This will give you a guide as to what is available but you will need to check with the individual ISP's

Edit: Just clicked on the link and its not showing anything specific. You will have to go back to the home page and start from there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

if you can see barnesmore then you may be able to get wireless from http://www.nwewn.com/ they have transmitters up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭conleth

Thanks, I've sent a query to NWEWN so hopefully that will lead to something. Anybody know of any other fixed wireless services for Donegal town?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Eircom also have/had a FWA setup on Barnesmore, but I think any hopes of getting any speeds from it would be in vain. NWEWN are your only real hope of wireless.

You're probably best waiting for DSL, that's hoping that your new line passes! DSL would have better speeds than NWE can offer.

NWEWN have a waiting period of 3-4 weeks, so about the same as Eircom, so will hold out and hope the line passes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

With an installation fee of €732.05, I'm sure there won't be a contention problem with Eircom FWA.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

With an installation fee of €732.05, I'm sure there won't be a contention problem with Eircom FWA.
    Are you having a laugh? Eircom surely don't charge that much for what I hear to be a diabolical FWA system! :eek:

I just checked the Eircom website and yip it's €732.05 connection and €54.45 per month for a minimum of 12 months. Speed also seems low, 64 k upload and 512 k download. Although I see talk of a Metropolitan Area Network for the town with a claim that work should be finished by mid 2007. Anybody got anything more on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

conleth wrote:
    I see talk of a Metropolitan Area Network for the town with a claim that work should be finished by mid 2007. Anybody got anything more on this?
    This will give you some information

Advertisement