Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games and F@H

Options
  • 28-12-2006 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

I recently installed the F@H software on my machine. Last evening when I took it to a LAN I found my games would only run minimised to the taskbar. An hour later I discovered Folding to be the culprit.

Word to the wise, when running games (with an Nvidia 6800gs at least) shut down F@H.

Do any of the more experienced folders know of other side effects to watch out for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hi.

usually this is not aproblem, if you run the latest drivers.

So im just guessing your usingsome olfe 71. or 81. Nvidia drivers,

But it doesnt matter. to fix this all you need to do is istall the newest graphics drivers. www.nvidia.com ( in this case ) has yours. ( www.ati.com ) for the ATI users.

But as i was saying if the game runs in a small window. Press ( ALT + ENTER " big button" ) This should bring you to the games maximux resolution ( or what was set in-game )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Thanks Anti.
    I'm replacing the drivers tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

nipplenuts wrote:
    Do any of the more experienced folders know of other side effects to watch out for?
    Another one I noticed just yesterday, which I hadn't seen before, was a huge amount of artifacting in OpenGL mode... but then I'm using an older graphical folding client and slightly old nVidia drivers.
    Not that there's much folding to be had while gaming anyway... I'd just as soon close the client tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have actually stared doing this recently when playing q4 of bf2142. As i notice a 10-20 fps hit with folding open.

Advertisement