Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone in washing machine

• 28-12-2006 3:42pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, it was bound to happen at some point. My Sony Ericsson Z520i went through the wash. It was turned on at the time.

I haven't tried turnng it on since it came out, and its sitting dismantled in the hot press.

How long should I wait before turning it on?

And what are its chances? From what I've seen on Google its pot luck really.

Also the sim card seems to be a bit wet, how long can I leave that before I try it in another phone?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

wait about a week. make sure its completely dry and don't put it on the hot press, just next to it. the circuit boards could warp from drying too quickly. leave the sim a week too but that should be fine. if not you can get a new one for free with the same number

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

It's next to the hot press. Will leave it a week. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Well, it was a tad bit of a poncy phone :)

Leave it a week, then buy yourself a mans phone ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

think i read somewhere that it's a good idea to wash the circuit with destilled water before drying, have you tried the sim in another phone to see if its okay. had a friend who did the smae thing, but the screen got smashed so he didn't try fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

About 24 to 36 hours under about three 25 to 60 watt bulbs (office lamps ideally) was recommended by the Gadget Show on Bravo and they tested it and it worked. Apparently the ambient heat generated by the bulbs drys out the phone without doing damage. A friend of my sister said it worked after her phone went through an industrial dishwasher of the type found in restaurants, hotels etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

eolhc wrote:
    think i read somewhere that it's a good idea to wash the circuit with destilled water before drying,

I heard this also. I think its has something to do with insuring there are no particles left in it so it wont short anything. From what i remember its the impurities in water that makes it conductive (could be totally wrong on that tho)

Advertisement