Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you buy and download albums online?

Options
  • 28-12-2006 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

All I want is to buy and download an album from a website - so that I can burn it on to a CD later. I don't want to become a member or pay a monthly fee or get free downloads. I don't have an ipod or mp3 player and don't want one. I've been looking for a good hour or so and it's pretty frustrating. Does anyone know of any sites that allows you to buy an album this way? Can it really be this difficult?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Here or itunes

MD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

All I want is to buy and download an album from a website - so that I can burn it on to a CD later. I don't want to become a member or pay a monthly fee or get free downloads. I don't have an ipod or mp3 player and don't want one. I've been looking for a good hour or so and it's pretty frustrating. Does anyone know of any sites that allows you to buy an album this way? Can it really be this difficult?

Thanks

iTunes
    download your album, burn to cd, finished

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

www.drmfree.org

search for the album then it gives you a list of sites selling it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

www.allofmp3.com

**EDIT**ah this may not be your site then...Did read where you said you dont want to join

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

iTunes. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

MSN Music

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Another vote for iTunes. You can download it here:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

You pay for the mp3s, no monthly fee or any of that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

<SNIP>

MOD EDIT: Muppet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mr.Tuttlinghorn

Thanks to all for the suggestions. It seems nuts to me that the only site where I can go ad-hoc and buy a single or album - is iTunes !? (MSN dont sell any more). So the only people selling on demand are the same ones who dictate the global price of a download track. smell a monopoly anyone ?

If I want to 'subscribe' there seem to be lots of sites where I am sure I could *almost* get all the music I wanted, or else its *free* downloads ~ which I really dont have the pointedness of head for (at least my Wife doesnt, who originally posted)
    Limewire it is then. Screw iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭crybaby

limewire is rubbish for albums

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

There are any amount of different methods to retrieve music...

PS Cheers for the tip Cormie, didn't realise that...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Freebird you'll get banned for suggesting sites to download illegal content, I'd edit your posts boss;)

Advertisement