Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb student asking a dumb question

Options
  • 28-12-2006 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Well Im a dumb student. Just want to know if anyone can please tell me would this graphics card fit into my laptop through the slot on the outside. I know its a PCMCIA slot rite on the side rite? So...I presume this PCI graphics card wouldnt fit into it right?

https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=304713

Or if not cud i just put some casing onto it a plug it into the laptop somehow?

One last stupid question... can someone tell me which graphics card to buy for a laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Well Im a dumb student. Just want to know if anyone can please tell me would this graphics card fit into my laptop through the slot on the outside. I know its a PCMCIA slot rite on the side rite? So...I presume this PCI graphics card wouldnt fit into it right?

https://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=304713

Or if not cud i just put some casing onto it a plug it into the laptop somehow?

One last stupid question... can someone tell me which graphics card to buy for a laptop?

In general there is no such thing as an upgradeable gfx card for a laptop.

In some high end, expensive laptops there sometimes is. But this is very rare.

So no new gfx card for you monkey boy! :-)

In general with laptops you can change the amount of ram and put in a bigger harddrive. Thats it usually.

If you want better gfx in a laptop, you would need to buy a more expensive laptop with a better built in gfx card than you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

not even if dumb student go smashy laptop to make hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

not even if dumb student go smashy laptop to make hole?

Unless you have PC World insurance and con them into giving you a better laptop with better gfx I would not advise it :-)

bah! well u know theyr so dumb down there i cud probably convince them that i bought my dell laptop in their shop...and to give me money back because it has a hole in it. its amazing what they let u get away with in the world of PCs

• Advertisement
Advertisement