Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 3210 Network selection question

• 28-12-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

hi all, im using my old nokia 3210 while my other phone is getting repaired. problem is im on the vodafone network and for some reason my 3210 isnt picking up that network, im in a very good recption area. when i click manual network selection it's only displaying the following networks Eircell, DIGIFONE & IRL 03 i know the phone is quite old, but i thought it should still work, any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Is the phone unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

hmm, i honestly dont remember, i use to be on the 02 network when i used this phone, but i assumed it was before they started locking phones.

Nope sorry. They used to network lock 3210s too. Well they did when I was working with O2 anyway. But even still, once manual net selection is displayed, surely it should be finding Voda?
    Lemme see. Have you tried selecting Eircell? They USED to be 087 didnt they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Just select Eircell and hey presto it should work

Some old phones cannot display Vodafone, O2 and whatever - they are set up to display the old network names.

ok, just did a little bit of reading. whats needed is a dct3 calulator am i correct? imput imei and it gives me the unlock code?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Post your IMEI (press *#06# to view) in this thread and someone will be able to help you.

Or just ring o2 and get them to give u the unlock over hte phone. Such an old phone should already be on their system with ages.
    Though I really dont think it is locked. Normally if it is sim or network locked, a message indicating same will pop straight up and you will get no further.

eircell network seems to work fine. i.e. phone aint locked. cheers everyone for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If the phone was locked, you wouldn't be able to get any further than the startup.
    Eircell is the old name for Vodafone, so there's no problem selecting that one.

Advertisement