Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Editor

• 28-12-2006 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,466 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes.

With regards to photo editing I want to progress from Picasa to something a bit better and I'm looking for recommendations. Budget around €150.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 I think it's about 120E

I use it and if you want to have a look, the last few photographs I did on Flickr were all done using PSE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

Calina wrote:
    Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 I think it's about 120E

I use it and if you want to have a look, the last few photographs I did on Flickr were all done using PSE.

I'd go along with that, tho' Ive just started using it but I found it easy enough to get used to, I'm not sure of anything else really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have you tried Paint.net before going out to purchase a new photo editing suite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

As far as I know, Adobe lets you download 30 day trials of their software if you wanted to give elements a go.

I'd advise Elements because it has a huge amount of features, as difficult as you want it to be to learn (Ie, the learning curve can be steep if you want, or easy if you want) and if you want to upgrade again, you'll be used to the photoshop interface.

Otherwise, maybe check out The Gimp. I've seen it being used, and it looks quite handy. Plus it's free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,466 ✭✭✭✭phog

Folks, thanks for your replies. Between this thread and the other thread "Nikon Capture 'v' Photoshop Elements 4" I have decided to give PS Elements a go.

Thanks again for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,466 ✭✭✭✭phog

phog wrote:
    Folks, thanks for your replies. Between this thread and the other thread "Nikon Capture 'v' Photoshop Elements 4" I have decided to give PS Elements a go.

Thanks again for your help.

Should have added where is the best place to purchase - high street or internet? Your recommendations would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The GIMP is free and offers many of the benefits of Photoshop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Having used both the GIMP and Photoshop Elements, I'd go with PSE.

OP - I bought my copy of Photoshop Elements in PC World. It's around the same as the download from what I remember.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I prefer PS also, but I thought it was worth mentioning to the OP before spending the cash. Especially if the extra control over picassa is not a major increase in functionality. The 30 day PSE demo is the way to go IMO.

Advertisement