Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 8800 Broken screen.

• 28-12-2006 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭

Hey
    Got a 8800 off my girlfriend for christmas and had it in my jacket which was on the floor obviously someone stood on it as the screen is smashed, phone is working grand and the lcd part of screen hasnt been affected only the glass protection on the outside of the screen.

Where is the best/cheapest place to get this fixed? It wasnt bought in Ireland but I'm on the meteor network with it, would they be any help?

Any reccommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Luke

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

give mprc a ring, the mobile phone repair company. don't know the number but they'll be in the phone book. meteor won't be any help

edit:01 2149000

http://www.mprc.ie/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Also available for D.I.Y repair from here : http://cnn.cn/shop/nokia-8800-original-lens-p-470.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Cheers for that, has anyone replaced a screen before? I dont want to make things worse by cocking up the phone totally trying to do it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

shoutman wrote:
    Cheers for that, has anyone replaced a screen before? I dont want to make things worse by cocking up the phone totally trying to do it myself.
    i'd advise against it. getting your hands on a screen would probably be expensive in itself and with such an expensive phone it's worth the bit extra mprc would charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

adverts.ie have new 8850 (same phone really) for 60€ http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=12155

• Advertisement

Got it as a present though so cant just ditch it for a different one....

I'll give those mprc guys a ring tommorow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

adverts.ie have new 8850 (same phone really) for 60€ http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=12155

Eh !!!! How is it the same phone really ??

doh i was thinking of the 8850/8890. I had one of them too (8800) and the screen snapped off :mad: (biggest waste of money anyways its a fairly basic phone under the style)

I agree the phone is nothing special at all other then its stylish looks, definately would not be paying for it....

Well the Mobile phone repair company isn't open again until the 2nd of January.

If their is no other option obviously I will just wait around but if anyone else has another place to try?

Thanks for all the help up to now.

• Advertisement

I got it sorted, 40 quid for a screen replacement in some phone shop in town. Perfect.

Can you tell me where?

I have a e770v that needs a new screen. (You can PM me if you want)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just buy the screen online and ask a shop to fit it for you,thats cheapest option as i think mprc charge approx 200 to fix that sort of a phone.
    I usually use a guy called titus he is based next door to fm mobiles on georges street beside the pub.If anyone wants his number just pm me

I got mine repaired on Camden St, not sure the name of the shop but if you are walking up Georges street on the right hand side its past the palace nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Does anyone have an idea how much it would be to get the screen on an LG Viewty reparied?I dropped it this morning and it's all blurry and in cant see anything,although the phone works fine as i rang it myself, that crowd in Sandyford MPRC wanted €170 to repair it:eek: bolllix to that,must be able to get it repaired a lot cheaper, im thinking anything betwen €40 to €80 hopefully, anyone any ideas?

Advertisement