Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear De-mister in Xsara seems working on and off - cause?

Options
  • 28-12-2006 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    the rear de-mister in my '99 Xsara has been acting up lately. I checked the wiring in the rear door etc for kinks, but it seems fine. I could be drivin along, turn it on and won't work, then (leaving the setting 'on'), it can come on at random.

I checked the fuse board and all is fine there. Sometimes, though, when it has come on as I drive, I hear the 'click' of it coming on inside the dashboard. So, my other thought is: can the dashboard bulb indicator or the de-mister be loose, and thus be the cause of the problem? Technically (in my opinion anyway), it should not affect it.

Anyone have experience like this? The car is not due for a service, so if I can fix it (easily) myself, then so be it.

Seanie.

Advertisement