Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second life

Options
  • 28-12-2006 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I dont know if this is the right place to post this.. but here goes. I downloaded a game last night "second life" It looks cool. I registered and all but whenever I open it up it just freezes after about 30 seconds. I have to turn of my computer completely. any ideas what the problem could be???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

You'll need to give a little more info.

What are your system specs? Does you computer meet the minimum requirements?

I'd recommend updating your graphics drivers in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 sparkicks1

fanny cradocks right the game does need quite good spec for some reason.
    i couldnt get it to work on a pc i had guild wars working on :s. once the game loads to the login page try tone down your settings a bit that might help and if its just loading up first its gonna have to download all the extra items and clothing people might have so do give it like 5 mins and come back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

I found it very glichy and to be a resource hog on my half decent spec system.
    Needless to say it was uninstalled about an hour after.

Although that fying thing was fun, nothing stood out, there was nothing to do and for some reason it seemed like a very childish interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

sparkicks1 wrote:
    tone down your settings a bit .

me being a bit ignorant of these things could you explaine a little bit how I go about that. sorry. I still want to give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Never having played the game this is a guess: I would assume that it is simply a matter of going into the option menu and then changing the resolution, detail levels etc. However, I would be sceptical that this would work. Unless you provide more info there is really not much more help people can give you.

I'm sure the game's website will have a forum that specifically deals with game problems. Try there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement