Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storm naas

• 28-12-2006 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭

has anybody been yet? Is it any good? What are the seats like?
    Any reviews at all about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Yeah it seemed nice enough. They forgot to turn the lights off for the first couple of minutes though which was weird. I'm sure that was a one-off though.

The seats are great, well the one I was in anyway. Very comfy and you could lean back in them. I was in the back row but there was enough space between the rows that it wouldn't have bothered me if the person in front did the same. They don't have a website yet so I don't know how you're meant to know what's on yet aside form the local papers. Once that's sorted it'll be grand.

Oh, and you need to use the roundabouts so that the cinema is on your left to access it. There's no right turn at the entrance but that didn't seem to be stopping people. It's a busy road so that's going to be dangerous. Hope you have fun at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pedalharder

Naas cinema is not listed on the storm site. However, you can find out whats on at http://www.daracinema.com. I found the housekeeping pretty poor. Toilets out of order and not that clean, pop corn all over the floor. The seats and screens are good and the sound is better than Storm Portlaoise. If you're local like me, it beats the drive to Liffey Valley or Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I wouldn't dare go to Dara :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Storm in Naas is poorly finished I think - I presume the car park will be tidier once its finished fully. I dont like the way you have to queue for tickets at the same counters as you buy food at. At weekends the queues are huge. Also the foyer is too small - I was there on a Saturday night and there were people everywhere, no room to move. There also isnt enought room in the corridors when you are waiting outside a screen.

I must admit I would say it is fine mid week when it is quieter. The screens themselves, seats etc are fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I only go midweek or not at peak times as I'd say it gets busy in the foyer.

Seats are good for adults but my 2 kids (bother 6 and under) cant sit comfortable in them because if they try to sit back for comfort, the tilt activates and they fall through

• Advertisement
Advertisement