Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips Hard Drive DVD recorder -help !

• 28-12-2006 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I have just purchased a philips dvd hard drive recorder and have connected everything up as directed butwhen i do the basic installation ( find the channels ) its only coming up with 3 channels - CH4, E4 and discovery and also the NTL digital channel but cant locate the ther terristrial channels
    any one have this issue before, I had already a vcr set up with all channels on this and was fine. have spoke to philips support and they dont see any reason why this should be
    all help appredciated
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭CorpusDelicti

Bought a 3450H the other day so it may be similar.

As the NTL digital decoder only outputs from a scart I cant tune in any channels directly on the recorder. I presume I'll have to connect directly from the wall to do that. Will get around to it later.

Either way, for the rest of the digital channels, the only thing I've worked out is to select the source as Ext1 (or 2) on the DVD Recorder itself (just a button on the remote). Once Ive told the device what input signal to display it feeds directly from the NTL Digital box. Then your alright recording from digital, but you can only record the channel your watching.

I'm still working my way through all the functionality though, so there may be an easier way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I have just purchased a philips dvd hard drive recorder and have connected everything up as directed butwhen i do the basic installation ( find the channels ) its only coming up with 3 channels - CH4, E4 and discovery and also the NTL digital channel but cant locate the ther terristrial channels
    any one have this issue before, I had already a vcr set up with all channels on this and was fine. have spoke to philips support and they dont see any reason why this should be
    all help appredciated
    thanks

Where did you buy it? It sounds like you only a a UHF tuner (no VHF which the majority of cable channels are carried on). Happens in a lot of UK chain stores operating here. Bring it back and exchange it. Mind if I ask how much it cost?

Advertisement