Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm - Error code F9

Options
  • 28-12-2006 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hello all. I had an alarm installed in the house a while back, but didn't have a phone line at the time so the auto dialler wasn't set up. I have since got a phone line and tried recently to get the dialler function setup. I stored my mobile number and can see it is stored OK, but when I try to make it place a test call it won't do it and shows F9 on the display. The manual for the Astec controller only has F codes from 1 to 8 and no F9! Anyone know what the problem might be?

Will probably just phone the installer in the New Year as he was very helpful when doing installation ... Thanks for help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I'm nearly sure F9 means no phone line. Open the panel and check that there's a line at the panel. Its at the far left hand side of the board. You will also need to record a message on the panel which is done with a domestic phone.

Advertisement