Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Boards.ie Corporation

Options
  • 28-12-2006 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Thought I would do this as a separate thread as the other one has derailed a bit and now that we have an Eve Forum. Please keep on topic. ;)

Ok here are the details:
    Purpose
    The purpose of the corp is to help out boards.ie members who are new to the game. Trust me Eve is a lot to take in, there are people playing years still haven't got to grips with everything.

The tax rate is 2%. This is quite low. This is to cover running costs. Because of this we only have one office at this time (so its only costing 11k to run a month).

As this means some surplus is left over, at the end of the month after bills are paid for the remaining cash is divvy'ed up with the remaining members. Cash that Mira + Saki gets (CEOs) will be put back into the corp for the next month.

This is not a professional 'x' corp. If you want to rat, hunt, mine whatever this corp is not designed to overly cater for it. You will be given help where asked for but the corp isn't going to start setting up stations, etc.

If thats what you want then there are more professional corps out there.

Although we have a corp channel, everyone chats on "Irish" channel.

How to Join
    1. Go to Kakakela System in Caldari space.
    2. Head to Kakakela VII - Moon 13 - Corporate Police Force station.
    3. Once docked click Offices and look for boards.ie corp.

Our logo is a gold shamrock with EU type orange stars on a light blue background.

4. Click join corp. Your request will be processed. If there is a delay check out the Irish channel for a boardsie.

Rules
    There are really only one rule.

Do not do anything that would negatively affect the Corporation.

Some examples.
    - Suicide camping.
    - Canister fishing newbies.
    - Declaring wars.
    - scamming

Don't get me wrong, Eve is a harsh place and those things are generally allowed, however as most players who join boards corp will be new it may effect their later chances joining other corps.

Last reminder
    Boards.ie corp is not designed to be like some of the major corps. It is to help you out and move on. That may change later on but for now there are no plans for intergalactic domination.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

One last thing to add. I and Saki are currently CEO's. It is not my intention to run this forever. I will probably let the mods here become CEO(or their alts) or sort something out. But your going to have to have experience in running first a corp first up and second valued in the community. (Basically don't want the corp raped and left for dead at first change of hands).

Dividends of 383,428.58 isk has been paid out to each member for december (8 days activity of corp).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Without understand anything about thins game whatsoever, I'm on route to Kakakela VII and follow your instructions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

*lol* I meant to apply but hit return a fraction of the way through my app so if one of the directors would care to accept my app..........

Have no assets and virtually no isk but would bring some experience to the corp.

Have no time left to PVP with CELES out in 0.0 so reckon i'll devote my what little playing time i have to helping newbs in Empire :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

Yay for boards.ie corp, wish ye the best of luck, btw can i suggest you contact badgerken in game and arrange positive standings with boob heads to avoid ......... uhhh ...... accidents in low sec (if you want) :)

• Advertisement

Last check there were 4 outstanding to join. Anyone still having issues joining let me know.

Valatine Kane can also add members. Will add a few more the power to do this, however my corp skills are at 20 members (probably less for non-caldari). So need to reskill soon.

Thanks for the heads up Renesco will pm him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ill donate a bit of isk later today :D

eep o_O

i was wondering where that 50 million showed up from. Ok moved that to corp wallet.

DrVoight, Mira, Saki have forgone accepting cash. So after the dividend what they got will be thrown back into the kitty.

Btw there is a vote going on at the moment to have a lottery or dividend system. All boards.ie members should have one vote. If lottery is picked it wont' activate till feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

You could have a sort of t1 frigate comp, test your best pvp fittings you can each fit on a t1 frig with only t1 components gives the people that are wary of low sec a little taste of pvp, kind of a last man standing thing all start from 30km from each other and then whoevers left at the end wins :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Stupid n00b question #2 - how do you vote? :o

• Advertisement

feylya wrote:
    Stupid n00b question #2 - how do you vote? :o

Assuming you got 1 share off me then corp menu and then politics tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

hey if you are going to have a frig contest, I might like in on it if possible

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Ok I've only been playinh eve for about 5 hours and will attempt to make my way to station. This game looks monsterous:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yay another newbie!

Advertisement