Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Mason Vs Phil Taylor

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I didnt realise he was asked to appear in Celebrity Big Brother. Fair play to Mason for turning down that huge sum of money. It would have looked very bad if he had gone into the Big Brother house on the basis of what happened with Phil Taylor.

After reading his interview and apology it seems to me as if both players are equally to blame and Mason should not recieve a ban. Will have to wait and see what action the DRA will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Yep it does seem to be a pair of them in it..........but fair play to him for apologising for his half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Given that Mason is hardly loaded, I think he was crazy to turn down 100 grand to go into Big Brother!

He'll hardly get another opportunity to earn such easy money. It would have set him up for a few years.

Or maybe its just me being bitter, because I would have loved to see him on it. He might be a first class a-hole, but he's always dead straight and to the point, so he would have been very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Comments from Phil Jones, MC for the PDC

Few will be aware that Chris apologised to Phil BEFORE the final against Barney. I was called into the players practice room, by Phil, and shown a card, sent by Chris, in which Chris offered his most sincere apologies for his actions. My comment to Phil was that it takes a big man to write such a meaningful, and heartfelt, apology. Phil agreed. He even intended taking the card up on stage with him and clearly displaying it on the players drinks podium. The intention was clear. He wanted Chris to see that he had got the apology and, by displaying it so clearly, that he accepted it in the same manner in which it was given. Unfortunately, the hectic procedures leading up to the players being brought down for the introductions, meant that it was not displayed, but the fact that Chris has now made a very public apology enforces the sentiments that he expressed personally to Phil in his handwritten note.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Fair play to Mason for his apology. It does take a big man to apologise in the way that Mason has. If im honest I think that Taylor should also apologise to Mason for his part in all of this. Taylor shouldnt have turned his back on Mason at the hand shake and all of this wouldnt have kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Kingp35 wrote:
    Fair play to Mason for his apology. It does take a big man to apologise in the way that Mason has. If im honest I think that Taylor should also apologise to Mason for his part in all of this. Taylor shouldnt have turned his back on Mason at the hand shake and all of this wouldnt have kicked off.

TBH. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened!
    It happened last year between Taylor and Manley only Manley didn't fcuk him out of it on stage!

When your playing someone like taylor your gonna get pissed at how good the guy is. Doesn't excuse the actions but you can understand them sometimes.

Fair play to Mace the Ace! He's back in my good books!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Double O

Taylor acts all holier than thou on stage but i dont think that is the case. Think both were to blame for what happened really. The fact that Taylor went to give that ridiclous interview after their match made Mace look like a real thug. Does anyone have any stories about Phil not being a saint? Mason was right to be upset at the member of the crowd dressed up as an inmate, that kind of stuff would made anyone lose their cool.

Advertisement