Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mania 23 rumours? what would you like to see?

• 28-12-2006 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

The only rumour i've heard so far is possible Big Show/Hogan match but that may be unlikely due to Show's retirement

Any other rumours floating about in wrestling circles?

Will the title belts be kept on Cena and Batista until next April or will WWE finally see sense and have some more deserving guys get the belts before or at Mania? (no and not Umaga god forbid!)

I'd like to see Taker be in the main event frame. I have a suspicion we may see a Taker/Batista match, maybe Kane in the mix?

Will anyone make a comeback for Mania? Rock, Jericho, SCSA?

I dunno i just like rumours! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The Brothers of Destruction vs Team Extreme!

Rock vs Umaga would be an interesting one, but i don't think we'll ever see it - or the Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Isn't there a rumour going around about HHH vs Cena one more time? I'd hate that personally. Taker vs Batista seems quite likely and another rumour is that Foley will return and face Vince.

What I think might happen is that Orton will win the Rumble and face Cena for the title. However that would require D-X to actually put people over...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

haven't heard anything but if they're looking to push orton i think there's only one legend good enough to give him the main event push. that being "the living legend" aka jericho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

JR said on his website this week that there hasn't been anything planned for WM yet. He's usually pretty open and honest on his site. I mean, I'd find it hard to believe that WWE know what's happening on Raw in two weeks time, nevermind a show in 4 months time

Still, a Foley vs Vince match sounds likely enough. I'm kind of surprised it hasn't happened yet. I'm going to guess at Edge vs Orton aswell, as I'd imagine that HHH will want to be in the main event. Almost certain that Austin will be on the show to drink some beer and hand out a stunner. Wouldn't be surprised if they throw on a TLC match with the Hardys, MNM and whoever else they can find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Ive heard a lot about Batista Vs. Taker (I think we had a thread on it not so long ago) they same about Vince Vs. Foley!

As for matches i'd like to see, i'd like to see Triple H win the WWE title cos it'll be two years since he held a world title and I think he needs at least one or two more WWE title reigns before he retires! I'd like to see a TLC too, but it's doubtful they'd have TLC and MITB. I think MITB gives them more to work with (as they have to then plan a title fued between the winner and a champ!), so they'd prob pick that over a TLC, but they could have both!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Hogan has suppose to be pushing himself and Vince teaming against Show and Bischoff with the angle being whether Vince will turn on Hogan. Source, Wrestling Observer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I would think an Edge/Orton/Cena Triple Threat.
    Would love just edge and orton but i'd say Cena will be holding the belt until then.

The above would depend on DX getting out of the way.
    As for SD. I havn't watched it in ages so I don't know whats what. Same for ECW.

Would love to see Y2J back. Rock is unlikley.
    SCSA is possible but it would probably be another beer drinking contest thingy which is pointless.

Please god let ye be wrong about Taker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

stone cold will def be there his movie the condemned is out around the same time so theyll be plugging that,good new for me since ill be there! :D
    would love to see vince vs foley,thered be some killer bumps in that,hogan/show im not arsed about id be a stinker,buti will mark out like a 5 year old when i hear hogans music play,i hope upon hope cena/umaga isnt a main event,that would suck complete arse,orton/edge or a triple threat between them and cena would be good,hopefully therell be a money in the bank or some other gimmick match,never seen one live.
    i really just want the next 4 months to fly past,its something ive wanted to experience ever since i saw my first wrestlemania (3 if anyone wanders,steamboat/savage is still the best match of the 80s imo),roll on april 1st!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

krudler wrote:
    stone cold will def be there his movie the condemned is out around the same time so theyll be plugging that,good new for me since ill be there! :D
    would love to see vince vs foley,thered be some killer bumps in that,hogan/show im not arsed about id be a stinker,buti will mark out like a 5 year old when i hear hogans music play,i hope upon hope cena/umaga isnt a main event,that would suck complete arse,orton/edge or a triple threat between them and cena would be good,hopefully therell be a money in the bank or some other gimmick match,never seen one live.
    i really just want the next 4 months to fly past,its something ive wanted to experience ever since i saw my first wrestlemania (3 if anyone wanders,steamboat/savage is still the best match of the 80s imo),roll on april 1st!

Hopefully you'll take some pics. Someone did that for this year's one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

In terms of matches I wouldnt be suprised if Foley or JBL got a match. Against who? I dunno at all, something thrown together after No Way Out maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

oh ill be taking as many pics and videos on my camera and phone as i can,bought a 1g memory stick just for it! im not sure how mane rows from the ring iam,i know im in riser block 4 row 20,so it depends on how many seats are in the block in front,the guy im going with lives in toronto and he was at unforgiven earlier in the year,he said hed never heard anything like the cheers edge was getting and when trish put the sharpshooter on lita,the atmosphere is going to be amazing,78,000+ apparently will be at it
    ill prob do a blog or something for the day of the event,will be cool to be in a city on mania weekend,hopefully ill get to some of the fan stuff as well

Advertisement