Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA-082 2.71 f/w can now be downgraded

• 28-12-2006 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭

GOT THIS OFF A DIFFERENT FORUM - NOT MY WORK

ok here we go again..... follow exactly..

1. download the easy installer:
    http://ul59.rapidshare.com/files/9174187..._csfreakno1.zip

2. extract archive.

You will get these files....

2.71_TA-082_-_1.50.exe
    README_DE
    README_ENG_ORIGINAL_DARK_ALEX
    TA-082_Downgrader.pngfile.

3. format Memory Stick and restore the psp to defualt settings.

4.run the installer and it will install everything on to your MS including HEND.

5. once its finshed, navigate to the PHOTO section in the XMB and load HEND --->
    NOT it may not load the first time so restart and try again. Make sure you have no UMD inserted when doing this!

6. Once its loaded (the psp will restart automaticly --> this means it loaded HEND) go to GAME in the XMB and load/start idstoragechange.

(this program just changes some keys ^^)

7. Once this program is done and loads your XMB again, go back to the GAME menu an dyou will see your Generic downgrader called "Update X.YX"
    Load/start this.

8.This will now insatll the 1.5 FW onto your psp. when its doen it sould ask you to press "x" were it will restart the psp an dyou will get a BSOD.
    Simple press "o"
    Enter your information and voila, 1.5 FW!

Specs^^

ATLEAST 75% battery (90+ to be safe)
    formatted MS
    2.71 TA-082 psp

All credit goes to Dark_Alex, Mathieulh, harleyg and Csfreakno1

Guide by Touran22

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

I made a hugh mistake and upgraded to 2.81 over christmas....dont ask me why/how :( :mad: :(

lets hope they work on it quickly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Think i done sumfin like this but it doesn't actually downgrade it, but fools the psp into readin the firmware from the memory card afaik. Gotta 2.71 for xmas, with 2.81 games, so was sittin about gf's not bein able to play anything:D lol
    . Had looked up on whats best before got it so had a idea what to look out for :rolleyes:

Advertisement