Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Add/Remove programmes problem.

• 29-12-2006 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,291 ✭✭✭✭

When I go into the add/remove programmes component only a few of them will show up. If I sort them by name I can only get those programmes starting with the letter "A". Sort by size and 9 show, sort by frequency of use and there are 4 showing. If i sort the list by frequency of use I think most of them would be listed.

I only noticed this earlier and its possible that it may have been there for some time. I uninstalled 2 old CAD programmes and installed a new version of an Autocad programme yesterday and I think that may possibly have caused the problem. One of the old CAD versions was uninstalled in the normal way but I went to the add/remove programmes to uninstall the other. As the list is populated by name by default the old version of Autocad would have appeared under the "A"'s as described above and I might not have noticed if the list was full or not at that time so I cant say for sure when the problem occurred initially.

i would also install all the different MS updates when they are available.

Any ideas as to what could have caused this or how to sort it. The OS is Windows XP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dark Hair

there are pleanty of freeware prog's that can do "uninstall"

Bypass your problem?

I use one at work to bypass the admin lock down. No idea what it is called but if ou are stuck I will post it over the next few days.

I am nearly sure it is http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html though. You just run the .exe. There is no install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Scroll wayyyy down to the bottom and the rest of your stuff is probably there. I've seen malware use this technique (i.e. making one entry in the add/remove programs list have massive whitespace below it) to make it hard for people to uninstall it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,291 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Stephen wrote:
    Scroll wayyyy down to the bottom and the rest of your stuff is probably there. I've seen malware use this technique (i.e. making one entry in the add/remove programs list have massive whitespace below it) to make it hard for people to uninstall it.
    Yeah, its there alright at the very bottom. Thanks for that Stephen and thanks also to Dark Hair for the link to the uninstall download which is handy to have.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I had that same problem too a while ago.
    Had to find the program on either side of the blank part of the list and then edit some registry file to remove the corrupted bit.
    Cannot remember the exact steps but I'm google will help.
    If I find it i'll post it l8r

Advertisement