Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a chainsaw

Options
  • 29-12-2006 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm shopping around for a chainsaw to cut up some forestry logs for firewood and I have my eye on the Husqvarna 353.

I've noticed a considerable price difference between here and the US and was wondering if anyone has gotten a chainsaw in from there and how did they go about it if they did.

Thanks,
    Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Bring it in with your hand luggage and cause a bit of a stir !

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

:D american security people are not noted for their sense of humour

pack it in your suitcase or alternatively fed ex to yourself when your over there

be careful to label it on customs form as a commercial repair with $1 value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Here in Belgium I bought a Stihl 180 last year for €235, great bit of kit, very easy to operate and maintain,bullet proof and starts everytime.

IMHO buy it in a place that dose serviceing maintaince etc you might pay a little extra but well worth.

Finally buy Stihl they are the best.

"Price forgotten long after the quality remains"

Advertisement