Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Asking out

• 29-12-2006 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Straight to the point-
    I have never been asked out on a date by a guy.

I am friendly and nice but I feel in someway I intimidate guys. I know that there is and have been guys interested but they never make it to the stage of asking me. I am not shy by nature, a talk with ease to both men and women.
    I would prefer not to be the one doing the asking.
    What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

hmm maybe try be a bit more flirty and femine with guys youre interested in - im not saying to change yourself but just emphises your femine qualities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Cassie21 wrote:
    What should I do?
    You don't have a choice, ask a man out. You will probably succeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Cassie, will you go out with me?

Problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't play any mind games. If there is someone that interests you, just ask them out to see a film, dinner, or whatever it is you like to do in your spare time. Why don't you want to do the asking? Is it fear of rejection or are in the dark ages and believe that men should be doing the asking all the time? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,710 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

AnonoBoy wrote:
    Cassie, will you go out with me?

Problem solved.

Damn, beat me to it!!

Seriously, it's a bit selfish to sit and wait for someone to ask you out. Maybe that's the problem? Guys think you're standards are too high and therefore don't bother wasting their time and risking being humiliated by a rejection?

Anyway, the guys that don't ask you out tend to be better than the ones that don't. We put more effort in once the ice is broken.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I doubt there actually are any men out there interested in you. This 'info' of which you speak is probably just your friends telling you these thing in order to make you feel better.

I think if you *really* don't want to be the asker in the arranagement then you should start giving off more hints that you are available. Introduce more flirty/sexy talk into your conversations. Dress slutty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

don't know how old you are, but wouldn't worry too much about if if you're still young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

*sigh*

Ask them.
    cassie21 wrote:

Why? Maybe the men feel the same.

Advertisement