Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Affordable housing on your own - house types?

Options
  • 29-12-2006 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm just wondering if you are applying for an affordable house on your own does that mean that you will only get offered a 1 bed or possibly a 2 bed appartment? Or does it purely depend on what you can afford?

Given the fact that the "clawback" is imposed for the 1st 10 years before being reduced I'd prefer to buy the biggest I can now. Any thoughts appreciated.

I'm applying to DCC and probably the other 3 Councils in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

With Dublin City Council, you can apply for any type of accommodation you want. If picked you will be asked to put down a €1300 deposit and get loan approval within two weeks of viewing the house.

Other councils may be different but I think if you can get loan approval that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 long_boy

Thanks Daith. I guess they have very few houses in Dublin City Council though and just the odd 3 bed appartments?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

long_boy wrote:
    Thanks Daith. I guess they have very few houses in Dublin City Council though and just the odd 3 bed appartments?

Apartments mostly but there are some houses from what I can remember. Fingal has a larger area to build in so would offer more choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

Ive been on the list in SDCC now for approx a year and still waiting. although last month i was on the reserve list for a property. So am hoping now that early 07 that i will hear something.

Advertisement