Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where do you buy your Home Cinema Systems?

• 29-12-2006 2:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭

Hi guys i have been looking about the net for the last few days for a home cinema system, and I'm just wondering where do ye go to find the system your looking for.

I've been to

www.pixmania.com
    www.technikdirekt.de
    www.amazon.co.uk
    www.ebay.ie
    www.komplett.ie

Can you recommend any others.

I have been trying to find a 5.1 system for <€250 with an optical input and its impossible. I have seen a few without the dvd player, but id realy prefer to get it with the dvd player built in. But I dont think im going to find one within my budget.

I think im going to have to settle for one of two systems, without the dvd player, i found on technikdirekt.

Samsung 500W for €239 delivered
    or
    Philips 590W for €231 delivered

Which one do you guys think i should go for. The philips seems to have a better spec, but the samsung looks the shiznit, so ive been leaning towards the samsung.

Im mostly going to be using the system for the xbox360 and ps2, hence the optical input, and a bit of watching movies. To be honest these systems are probably a way to powerful for what i'm going to be using them for, as i wont be making my ears bleed with them, its really for the surround experience rather then bursting ear drums. But they seem to be the only ones out there.

BTW ive been out to a good few shops in the last few days around the cork area, but only found one sony 380W system agian without a dvd player in sound store for €230.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You could buy a Logitech system. They're supposed to be for PCs, but they are stand alone and have optical in's AFAIK on the higher end stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

ned78 wrote:
    You could buy a Logitech system. They're supposed to be for PCs, but they are stand alone and have optical in's AFAIK on the higher end stuff.

Ya was looking at the logitech z-5500, looks a very nice system but as far as i can see they go for >€300, just outa my reach id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

For what you need the Samsung will be more than perfect, and it looks really really good!

www.technikdirekt.de have never used them but the prices seem good - anyone ever used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,368 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

theres the Z-5400
    2 optical inputs, 1 co-ax digital input
    bit less powerful than the z-5500 but otherwise pretty similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I've used pixmania myself in the past.
    I have used komplett recently for my dvr.

• Advertisement
Advertisement