Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for someone new to business scene.

Options
  • 29-12-2006 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,

This is my first time posting here. I'm an engineering student, I have never had any interest in business subjects in school but lately I've been feeling that I want to set up a business of my own someday.
    It probably wouldn't be straight out of college but sometime down the road once I figure out what that business would be and I have to means to make it happen.

So I suppose what I'm asking is could you suggest some books/websites for a complete beginner to the business scene so that I could start learning now as I don't even know what a business plan involves at the moment.

Thanks.
    Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

If you are planning on doing it in Ireland I would recommend a book called "starting a business in Ireland". It tells you an awful lot about what is required.

I am in a similar boat and even flicking through it in the shop was interesting. They have a website o the same name.

Probably the 1st thing to do is enroll in a start your own business course, they're pretty cheap and they may even spark a few ideas.

Do a search through the posts here, loads of info on this sort of thing

Advertisement