Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

have no luck selling my car

Options
  • 29-12-2006 3:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

i need ur help i'm trying to sell a 00 bora for the last few Mounties people get scared wen i tell them the miles 32k then i say timing belt changed and they run but any 1 who nos car will tell you the belts need to be changed every 5 years even if the miles arnt up like its a grate car i just cant afford it no more and i need to get a van cheaper so i'm looking for your help to sell it or no any 1 who can i need 6k to clear the finance that means I'm selling the car at a lose of 5k because i payed 10950 for it last year June and i payed that for the miles plz plz plz help me out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Be sure to get someone to proof-read your ad. There's not many people in the market for a grate car.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Don't tell us you paid €11k for a nearly 6 year old Bora last year? :eek:

Did you try carzone.ie, cbg.ie, buy&sell, adverts.ie and perhaps some papers (herald) as well?

Make sure your ad is perfect, let other people see it before you submit it as phutyle said. Also include pictures. Offer that any prospect could have the car fully tested before they buy it, to verify the mileage, etc.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

www.CarFinder.ie is a free website - give it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

If its a diesel you`d imagine it would sell handy enough. what is it?
    What kind of van are you looking for, maybe you`d be better off tradeing it in against a slightly dearer van than you had intended to spend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭sexy darren

its a 1.4 petrol ill try carfinder cant trade it in need the cash to clear the finance

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

Does it have a service history and genuine story behind the low miles?

You have no mention of the service history on carfind

well i don't no wat a service history is but i have all nct test scenes the car was bought and they show the first 1 wit 16k i bought it off redline cars at 27k and in the last year i put it to 32k

does it have its service book complete,

ie 8k oil & filter change plus garage stamp
    15k oil, plugs & filter change plus gasrage stamp ..........etc etc

If your only history is NCT then i'm not surprised its not selling

so your telling me if i don't have 1 i wont sell it i just checked the book and there isn't even a place to stamp wat can i do the fell in redline cars told me he has the number of the mechanic if i want it but that was a year ago

• Advertisement

Not saying it wont sell. Youll have to advertise it less than market value cause theres no history.

A low milage car with no service history is very suspicious(NCT certs are worthless). Try getting in touch with the mechanic, doubt he'll have a record though.

think you were "rode" by redline cause a car with no service history is worth ALOT less than one with a service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Dude, it's illegal to sell a car on finance it's not your property

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭natnif

as was said before, get someone to proof read your ad. you haven't used any punctuation at all in any of your posts, and that can ber really confusing to read. In a market that is flooded with 2nd hand cars, the slightest thing will put someone off. clean the car up as best you can and get some decent photos taken on a nice day, it will make the car look a lot better

Get in touch with redline, or check the service manual for where the car was originally sold. There are very few people that buy a new car and don't get it properly serviced, so there is either something very odd going on with that car, or just get in touch with the original seller

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also from your ad you have a photo of a different car. If you don't have a camera borrow one, buy one or use a camera phone. Putting a photo of another car on your ad gives out vipes that there maybe something dodgy about the car or you are not serious. When taking photos make sure the car is cleaned inside and out. Park the car in front of some nice scenery on a bright day. First impressions are very important, you need to attract a buyer's attention so good photos are important.

Also does it actually have air conditioning as stated in your ad, this was a very rare and expensive option on VWs back then? It should have a button market air con somewhere on the dash near the ventilation system. If it doesn't have air conditioning and an interested buyer points this out then they will use it as a bargining tool to lower the price.

Plus €6,500 for a 7 year old Bora 1.4 litre is probably a bit hopeful irrespective of low mileage or how much you paid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Try advertise on all the websites so you will get a quicker response. Also without service history its very difficult to sell a car like that. Also guys do you think its over priced, If so then what should the original poster put down as a asking price.As if he puts it high then nobody will even call to enquire.

Right. That's about the crappiest ad site I've ever seen. Not a hope of selling it through there :rolleyes:
    for the last few Mounties

Where else did you have it advertised before?

Did you follow up on my suggested sites there ^^ yet, including pictures and offering any inspection? May I suggest you lower your asking price to €5,750 to attract attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

11 grand for a petrol bora :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

spongbob wrote:
    11 grand for a petrol bora :rolleyes:

Bend Over!

Pleased t'meet ya Ben!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

You need pictures of the car. Get it valeted and then take 9 snaps of it. Some outside ones and a few inside ones too. Everybody will ignore an ad without pics of the car.

ok i got a cam ill get it vaied when i have the money i cant lower the price i need 6k to clear the lone and is it still illegal if the peson that buying the car comes to pay off the lone to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

If you really want to sell it bring it to an auction. Merlin or Wilsons. Google. They're all over the place.

and you think id get 6k for it there i dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

and you think id get 6k for it there i dont think so
    I asked you months ago whether that car had air conditioning or not, and you didn't seem to be able to make up your mind. Does it?

well i wood call it that because i turn the heat on the car gets hot i turn it to cold and it gets cold so Wat's that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

well i wood call it that because i turn the heat on the car gets hot i turn it to cold and it gets cold so Wat's that

If you know that little about it get someone else to write the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Me concluding that the OP is a troll:

- Has made no effort to sell the car other than 1 poor attempt at an ad, that cost nothing
    - The pic in that ad is someone else's car
    - Apparently paid 11k for a car worth 6k
    - Apparently no idea what a service history is
    - Apparently no idea what aircon is
    - All the punctuation keys are missing off his keyboard

JHMEG wrote:
    Me concluding that the OP is a troll

Nah, more like someone who couldn't be arsed...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

And also someone who doesn't know how to use a dictionary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

They're probably one of the hardest VW's to sell tbh, just like the Jetta before them. 11k for a 00 Bora though....where are you guys when I'm trying to sell something.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

So do you reckon yer radiators at home are actually air conditioners??????

Advertisement