Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Views on Samsung X820?

• 29-12-2006 3:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

As the title states.....

Any opinions thinking of getting one....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Hi.

I've had one for a month now and I have mixed-up feelings about it.

First the good points:
    - It is so thin and light that you really don't feel it in you pocket (there clearly is a difference compared to the Motorola L6 I had before)
    - I think it is a cute object (some people think it looks like a calculator though ... but anyway everybody who hasn't seen one before finds it amazingly small)
    - For a device that size, the camera is good.
    - The screen is good. I read in some reviews that it is almost not usable outdoor, but I never really experienced that (I guess they live in a more sunny country :))
    - The user interface is intuitive and fast (which is the least they could do, but after the L6 which I hated for that, I had to mention this). The only think I don't like about it is that when you go through your phone book you only have 2 names displayed on the screen at a time.

Then, the bad points, which are less numerous but to me very annoying:
    - The reception is not good. Compared to the L6 and a good old Nokia 6100, it is really bad. It doesn't mean it is not usable, but anywhere where you would have a week signal with the Nokia it won't work. I am a lot less reachable in pubs and nightclubs since I have it :) I suspect there might be something linked to Meteor's Network equipments though. Quite often in areas where the coverage average the signal indicator keeps going up and (very) down, which is not the case if I put the Meteor simcard in another phone, so I first suspected the phone only. But I tried to put a French simcard in the Samsung and when I force roaming to Meteor I have the same issue, but is not the case when I roam to O2 or Vodafone. Also I went to France lately and roaming on a French operator with the Meteor sim card seemed to be OK from that perspective.
    - The battery life is not great (two days, sometimes three, for me but I don't use my phone a lot), but when you see the size of it you understand.

So to conclude I think it could be a great phone but the coverage problem (and to a smaller extend the battery life) is a big issue for a phone! Having said that it remains perfectly usable and I personally love it (and I would tend to partly blame Meteor for the reception problem).

You can check this video review:
    http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/samsung-sgh-x820-video-review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

saw it in a shop in town and gone off it i have to say...

Advertisement