Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who's getting brand new wheels in '07 and what are you getting?

Options
  • 29-12-2006 7:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

?

Just curious I'm not unfortunatly:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

brand spanking new VW Golf GTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

trading in my 1.4 astra sports and getting the opc in sky blue woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

'Brand spanking new' Audi TT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

trading in 05 1.6 toyota avensis for a new audi a4 1.9 tdi s line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Ford Focus Ghia 1.6L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Just sold my 06 Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi Elegance and picking up a new one next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

While not brand spanking new im going to try sell off my 01 astra and pick up an Octavia vrs at a nice price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Brand spanking new BMW R1200 GS Adventure (you didn't say how many wheels.)

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Hoping to get an E38 BMW 750IL and maybe replace the Ford Taurus with a Passat for the wife

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Jim79

yellow012 wrote:
    Just sold my 06 Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi Elegance and picking up a new one next week.
    Hey Yellow,
    i was thinking that it would be difficult to sell an expensive car privately. where did you advertise your car?
    Did it take long to sell?
    Does the car have an existing manufacturers warranty?
    thx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The new Turbo MINI Cooper S. 2nd of Jan!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Jim79 wrote:
    Hey Yellow,
    i was thinking that it would be difficult to sell an expensive car privately. where did you advertise your car?
    Did it take long to sell?
    Does the car have an existing manufacturers warranty?
    thx.
    The diesel Octavias are very easy to sell on. I didn't actually get a chance to advertise it. It was through word of mouth, someone knew I was planning to sell and gave me a call - I was going to put it up on Carzone.
    Its just been serviced, valetted, has 3 months tax on it, has a full years left on the Manufacturers waranty and the price is a bit cheaper than what a dealer would ask for one so it was a good deal for everyone.

MrPudding wrote:
    Brand spanking new BMW R1200 GS Adventure (you didn't say how many wheels.)

MrP

I was the Sales Manager of a Motorrad Franchise for a while, just as the 12GS launched, not the GS mind, but my demo bike was indeed a GS, and what a machine. I got my knee down on it during the official Motorrad Training at Rockingham Speedway, something I thought wasn't possible. I'm on a Duke 916 these days though ... kinda miss the BMW reliability, but at least it's another twin, eh?

Well wear with your superb Investment Sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Just back from the U.K. with an Audi S8 and getting a new BMW X5 in March/April as soon as the new model comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Thank you very much. I cant wait. I have a little ZZR600 which is a lot of fun but cant wait for the GSA.

MrP

junkyard wrote:
    Just back from the U.K. with an Audi S8 and getting a new BMW X5 in March/April as soon as the new model comes out.

I hope you've your deposit payed Junk, we're telling people 6 months to get one from date of order at this stage.

I'm bringing mine in from Holland ned, a certain BMW dealer in Cork told me BMW weren't in the commercial vehicle business when I went to order my last X5 so I did a bit of research and found a company who were only too happy to supply the model I wanted with all the extras I wanted and weren't so far up their own ar*es that they couldn't deal. I can appreciate BMW mightn't like people converting X5's into vans like me but money is money and what I do with my X5 is my own business. I think most of the BMW dealers have a very bad attitude towards their existing and potential customers, if it wasn't for their customers they wouldn't be selling cars. Just because I don't dress up to go car hunting doesn't mean I'm not serious about buying. I don't think Mercedes-Benz frowned at the Pope when he ordered another Popemobile. That said, Mercedes-Benz are no angels when it comes to customer service either, in fact I'd go so far as to say they are obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

junkyard wrote:
    getting a new BMW X5 in March/April as soon as the new model comes out.

So did you get the diesel V8 LaRo as a stop-gap? If so please reveal the depreciation when you'll get rid :)

unkel wrote:
    So did you get the diesel V8 LaRo as a stop-gap? If so please reveal the depreciation when you'll get rid :)
    No unkel My head ruled for a change and I decided to let some others act as test pilots for the new V8 diesel, that and the fact the last Range Rover I had was always needing something done to it. I just got sick and tired of sticking it back together every weekend. Its hard to beat BMW but you know that already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

d mother gettin a 1.6 Mazda 3 diesel. but for the next 3 days i have a better car than her. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

New model Corolla saloon

junkyard wrote:
    I'm bringing mine in from Holland ned, a certain BMW dealer in Cork told me BMW weren't in the commercial vehicle business when I went to order my last X5.

That's still the case. BMW don't make commercial vehicles, or vans for that matter. It hasn't stopped the prolific importing of 'converted' X5's, however, the revenue are going slightly beserk at the X5's being registered as commercials, and the rumour mill is rife that they will target this category ('home made' commerical conversions for vehicles that aren't available as commercials from the manufacturer). So I genuinely hope you get yours in before that happens.

But you're getting a great vehicle all the same. It drives like a peach!

junkyard wrote:
    I think most of the BMW dealers have a very bad attitude towards their existing and potential customers, if it wasn't for their customers they wouldn't be selling cars. Just because I don't dress up to go car hunting doesn't mean I'm not serious about buying.

I'm not sure when you last went shopping for a BMW. Granted, if you ask for a commercial X5, you probably won't be received too well I'd imagine, but if you ask for any readily available model, or have a concern about an existing car, the service you receive should be exemplary, no matter how you're dressed - some of our most extravagant purchasers come in with mucky boots, high vis vests, hoodies, etc. Those days of judging someone's financial status based on how their dressed are long gone.

For the record, most BMW franchises have customer satisfaction surveys carried out by a third party company who telephone Dealerships after a customer purchases, gets a service, or logs a complaint to see if the complaint has been managed correctly. Most Dealerships now have about a 95% average Customer Satisfaction Percentage (CSP) - and that's something we can all be proud of.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

First post of 2007 for me sadly working but Happy new year to ye and best of luck with the new motors whatever the number of wheels ye go for:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

ned78 wrote:
    That's still the case. BMW don't make commercial vehicles, or vans for that matter. It hasn't stopped the prolific importing of 'converted' X5's, however, the revenue are going slightly beserk at the X5's being registered as commercials, and the rumour mill is rife that they will target this category ('home made' commerical conversions for vehicles that aren't available as commercials from the manufacturer). So I genuinely hope you get yours in before that happens.

But you're getting a great vehicle all the same. It drives like a peach!

OK, time for a bit of a rant......

As you work for BMW, I'll take that with a truckload of salt, btw, no offence..........that is the same bollox touted by MB dealers, which is why one of our customers went to the UK, brought a spanking new ML, brought it to us.........and now he's got the only new-gen rear-climate, rear leather'd commercial MB I've ever come across.

And I take offence that 'cos some D4 importer dickhead has a condescending attitude to what the customers should do with their own vehicles, and their own money, that a conversion here is 'home made'. We've been at vehicle body mfr for 20+yrs, and excel at what we do, to such an extent that our truck body building performance EXCEEDS those from mainland europe. We know what our customers- and our roads - require, and design/build accordingly.

That statement too about the VRT office/Revenue is completely bogus, and is downright misleading too.

/rant over.

Having said that, I want to put my ass on a H-D 1450 this year, having had 13 BeeEmms in the last no of years...........time for a change methinks.......I sold my 12GS after 3 months - quality was appalling - rusting fasteners, flaking paint of the rear frame, etc. This is a well-known subject amongst 2-wheeled BeeEmm users, and the new generations are particularly poor in that respect. Still have my 1150RT, though, but I live with the crappy fasteners as it's a nice bike.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Well said galwaytt, its about time people spoke up to the kind of s*ite these main dealers put their customers through, I'm not getting at you by the way ned78, but I've seen a lot of sh*te over the years and downright disrespect for customers. Its not hard to get on a plane fly to another country, collect your new car or jeep with more extras and a cheaper price and be back home in time for tea. All this talk of warranty's not being covered is a load of bollix too, we're in the EU now you know. If more people stood their ground it would change the attitude of the dealers very quickly, in fact if anyone wants help in importing feel free to ask me and I'll try and help, I've been doing it for years now.:)

I regularly import too guys, but mostly bikes :D No one claimed the warranty offered by people is for Ireland only, pretty much every manufacturer now boasts of European wide warranties. I know it's hard to accept what I say GalwayTT, but believe me, when I say my commission structure is based on customer satisfaction levels, as well as profit. BMW are leading the Irish Dealers in making Customers the focus points of all Showrooms. Go ask any main BMW Dealer, and you'll see the hoops we now have to jump through, most having been put in place withing the last 3 years, and were long overdue.

The VRT claim is not misleading, as I have stated it is not in place at the moment. It's what we're hearing, all I can do is repeat it here lads.

Junkyard, I've read enough of your posts here to know you're not the type for personal jibes, so no hassle!

galwaytt wrote:
    We've been at vehicle body mfr for 20+yrs, and excel at what we do, to such an extent that our truck body building performance EXCEEDS those from mainland europe. We know what our customers- and our roads - require, and design/build accordingly.

No one disputes that, and I've seen some coachbuilding jobs on MINIs from Italy that had MINI themselves impressed. Coachbuilding is just incredible these days. However, until you sit across from a table, and hammer out a deal with them, you cannot expect a Manufacturer to honour a warranty on a vehicle modified outside their original equipment design.

And no matter how much we debate this, that's just the way it is, with the majority of manufacturers.

galwaytt wrote:
    that is the same bollox touted by MB dealers

Unfortunately, I can't comment on MB Dealers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

junkyard wrote:
    No unkel My head ruled for a change

I kinda half expected you to just wait for the car you knew you'd be pleased with rather then go for any other SUV. Sure let us know once you get the new X5

Advertisement