Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Who's getting brand new wheels in '07 and what are you getting?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

ned78 wrote:
    Unfortunately, I can't comment on MB Dealers ;)
    I can....w**kers, any of them I've dealt with anyway.:rolleyes:

unkel wrote:
    I kinda half expected you to just wait for the car you knew you'd be pleased with rather then go for any other SUV. Sure let us know once you get the new X5
    Will do unkel, its looking like March at the earliest.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Got my 'Should have been an '07' Vectra 2 weeks ago and am very happy with it. Lumber support is something that I have not had before and makes driving a lot more comfortable. Only annoying thing is the stupid auto-cancel indicators which do so at the slightest turn of the wheel.

Was just checking out the S8 and 'tis a mighty beast with specs to match. Its not that often I would see an A8 let alone an S8 on the road so its nice to know that your driving something that isn't as common in its class as the S or 7 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

We ordered a Toyota Yaris 1.3 Sol (Luxury Pack) in Sept and are still waiting... Were told start of January, now it's end of January!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

regedit wrote:
    We ordered a Toyota Yaris 1.3 Sol (Luxury Pack) in Sept and are still waiting... Were told start of January, now it's end of January!

Normal delivery on special order is 16-20 weeks. did the dealer not tell you this when you were ordering? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Only hours to go! I shouldn't be excited, we get new cars with work every few months, but as this is the new R56, I'm like an excitable kid at Christmas. :)

Good luck with it ned, I hope its worth the wait.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Not new but hopefully an E36 M3 or Merc C43 before March.

Just on the previous comments on this thread I know of one potential customer who parked up outside Joe Duffy with someone who works for him in 'site' clothing and in a transit tipper, only to be told by a salesman that he didn't believe he could afford the car he enquired about. The guy in question is worth millions. Having been in Joe Duffy a few times both as a potential (used car) customer and with friends who were looking I have no reason to doubt any aspect of this tale. Same at Denis Mahoney Merc across the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ned78 - do you work for Conor ? - just wondering.......well it you're on the m-rad side of things, there was only one way for the cust service to go - up !

I have gone through about 10 R11XX's since Dec 00, and none - repeat none, bought here. This was before Joe Duffy & Keary's though, tbh, and I do hear good stuff about those - apart from pricing. This is especially annoying considering that Motorrad Irl is now directly owned from Germany - so who's pocketing the extra cash? I'm currently looking at a new model K-GT to replace the RT, but I can buy one for at a minimum of 3-4k less, abroad, incl all taxes, than I can here. And I don't collect them either, I get them shipped in their crates to here and wheel them out.........haven't had a problem yet. And yes, I order the r.h.d. headlight too, just in case you're wondering.........

It's a pity, really, as I would much prefer to deal at home, but it's easier to buy in Germany than here, and seeing as everywhere west of the Shannon has been abondoned by Motorrad Irl, then the lack of service is the same here whether the dealer is in Dublin or Munich.........

....all of which means top 'bottom' spot now belongs to H-D Ireland.......and why I've not got a quote on my desk for a span new H-D ex-US.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭dubstub

Were you in St. Stephen's Green shopping centre car park a couple of days ago, Junkyard? I only ask because it was the first X5 conversion I'd seen.
    Belgard motors have told me they'd do me a commercial Cayenne this year if I wanted... they did mention Porsche weren't too happy bout it though. Can't imagine what the Revenue would say to that :eek:

Reckon I'm gonna go back down low and get the new Alfa GT with LSD later in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

My wife works in Revenue and I can confirm that VRT avoidance is their top priority this year especially the commercial vehicle aspect. They have already allocated considerable financing and staff to tackle this.

But if its all above board you have nothing to worry about :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

furtzy wrote:
    My wife works in Revenue and I can confirm that VRT avoidance is their top priority this year especially the commercial vehicle aspect. They have already allocated considerable financing and staff to tackle this.

But if its all above board you have nothing to worry about :D
    Sssshhh lads, say nothing ¬_¬

dubstub wrote:
    Were you in St. Stephen's Green shopping centre car park a couple of days ago, Junkyard? I only ask because it was the first X5 conversion I'd seen.
    Belgard motors have told me they'd do me a commercial Cayenne this year if I wanted... they did mention Porsche weren't too happy bout it though. Can't imagine what the Revenue would say to that :eek:

Reckon I'm gonna go back down low and get the new Alfa GT with LSD later in the year.
    It wasn't me dubstub, I was in Dublin alright a few times over the Christmas. I'm sure there are loads of them around Dublin, I sold five of them myself around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

ned78 wrote:
    For the record, most BMW franchises have customer satisfaction surveys carried out by a third party company who telephone Dealerships after a customer purchases, gets a service, or logs a complaint to see if the complaint has been managed correctly. Most Dealerships now have about a 95% average Customer Satisfaction Percentage (CSP) - and that's something we can all be proud of.

My experience of trying to buy a new front grill for a 3-series (after a pigeon went straight throught it but that's another story!) from a certain dealership in Cork was far from satisfactory. In fact, I would never go near them again & needless to say have told all my friends as happens with all negative experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

ned78 wrote:
    That's still the case. BMW don't make commercial vehicles, or vans for that matter.

That makes no sense.

Most commercials are not available as such from the manufacturer, but are converted by the importers specifically for the Irish market. Sometimes the conversions are pretty bad too, e.g. the Ssangyong musso had a really bad job IIRC.

I have a notion of buying a Ford Capri as a second car to play with if the finances are ok. Probably a late Mk3 2.0, but anything clean would be considered.

maidhc wrote:
    I have a notion of buying a Ford Capri as a second car to play with if the finances are ok. Probably a late Mk3 2.0, but anything clean would be considered.
    Technically you could convert it to a commercial and go for the 2.8 or 3.0.;)

Advertisement