Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

98 Octane, where has it gone?

Options
  • 29-12-2006 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Noone does it anymore. My car is apparently designed for a higher octane level and I cant find the bloody stuff anywhere.
    It used to be on every second pump, but all the major petrol dealers have withdrawn it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

The duty on petrol over soemthing like 95.8 octane petrol is too high to make it economically viable to sell it. Thats what I was told, anyway. You could always use V Power, it's still 95 octane, but I noticed an increase in performance and better mpg when using it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Would you not try any of the "octane boosts". I use them religiously in the car, and I do notice a difference over standard 95 ron. even recently v power.

Advertisement