Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House questions

Options
  • 29-12-2006 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi,

Could anyone tell me the difference between the cast Iron & Marble Fire place. I would like to go for non-gas fireplace in the living room, and I need to select one of these two option. Difficult to choose . Marble looks good, but cast Iron also good and act as another virtual radiater in winter time. I am going to put plasma tv on the Fire place wall. Would there be any problems?

What's the difference between the Solid & semiSolid wooden floor?
    What's the difference between the porcilian & ceramic tiles? Which one is recomended for kitchen wall, flooring, & bathroom wall & flooring.

Any good place to buy in limerick or near to limerick, also the tiler person in limerick area with reasonable price rates.

I would like to go for Carpet in stairs and all bedrooms, living room with wooden floor., Kitchen , dining room and hallway go for tiles. I heared about the ceramic heating would this be good for the kitchen & dining room? How much does it cost? Would it be expensive..?

Please advise.

Thanks
    -Jasin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Jasin

Thanks foyc. All valuable inputs...Got cleared now..

Ceramic heating is a underfloor electrical heating, with timer settings control unit fitted on the wall. Running metal coils underneath the ceramic tiles.

Ceramic is the best one for water resistant? Porceilan is the best, but not used due to the fact its bit expensive.

Hallway,kitchen & dinning room I am planning to go for glass finish ceramic..

Any suggestions..

Advertisement