Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Plastic plate missing off vw golf engine

Options
  • 29-12-2006 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Anyone know of the plate on the engine next to the oil cap on the engine of the mark 4 golf 2004 but old shape. I have recently tried to start car and found it hard to start. I opened the bonnet to see that there is some plastic plate has fallen off somewhere and it now shows some connections with wires like electronics. Anyone know if this ever happening? I have had the car serviced every year at the main dealer as i only do between 7 to 10k miles. It is due a service soon but just wondering if i could get the part myself as you know with main dealers they will charge big.
    Thanks for help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You mean the engine cover? Its not something that should matter much to be honest, plastic bits are only a modern design florish we used to fine without them covering the oily or electrical bits. If you feel the need to replace the part then pick a car breakers out of the phone book and call round.

Mike.

ps a pic of the engine bit not covered would be handy. :)

Advertisement