Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology: Practicals

Options
  • 29-12-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

What is the story with these Practicals. Is your notebook inspected as part of the Leaving Cert itself?

Reason I am asking is that I would like to sit the exam. However now in the workforce and don't have the time to attend school fulltime. And when I was in school (long time ago now) I did not do Biology.

The night time courses I have come across do not cover the practicals and this is kinda leaving me in a bind.

Any ideas folks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

You don't get any marks for writing out practicals.

However, the department insists you must do this.

They randomly expect certain schools and demand to see the practicals written out.

If they find somebody has not written them out, they won't get to sit the exam. (I think that's true, but it sounds a bit harsh!)

However, I can't see them tracking outside-of-school students down, ambushing them and demanding to see the copy tbh.

However, in saying that, just copy them from the book and make up results where neccessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I think its good that they are mandatory, as you learn the experiments really well by doing them.
    However I dont do Biology, just physics so I cant account for Biology experiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Hi there.

The link in my signature might be of use to you. best of luck to you in your exams in june

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

*sigh*:rolleyes:

This trolling has got to stop:mad:
    This forum has become bombarded with "study seminars" and revision sessions purely designed to cash in on peoples anxiety.
    Look at the Institute for instance, that place wouldent stand a chance if exams were focused on pure skill and less on rote learning.

They are people who willl dismiss my point of view but Its how I feel.
    Is it not the norm now for people to study on their own?
    Granted a little help is handy,but not to the extent which is occurring.
    The grinds "industry" for second level is booming at a massive rate.

Advertisement