Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what game to buy

Options
  • 29-12-2006 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

I've recently broken my leg, and come down with tonsilitis and an inner-ear infection... I know(!)...and as such am housebound for a bit. Im not a big gamer really, so I'm not sure what games are worth playing.

However Im bored silly of what I already have: PES5, GTA:Vice City and MGS3. I have 60 quid to spend on a game (which will helpfully be bought for me) and have decided upon one of the following:

Bully (or whatever it's called here)
    Shadow Of Collossus
    Lego Star Wars

an other suggestions or advice on the three outlined above?

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

You can't go wrong with sotc if your stuck inside for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea you really can't do better than Shadow of the Colossus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'd forget these three options if I were you. I liked SOTC but I didn't like it enough to stick it out till the end.

Get God of War and the first Lego Star Wars along with Gran Turismo 4/ Psychonauts for your 60 quid. All great games (GOW especially) and would give you plenty of variation. Hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭crybaby

id just go for Bully, SOTC can be a bit of an aquired taste and while i thought it was beautiful in its own way i found it very boring at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

mehfesto2 wrote:
    I've recently broken my leg, and come down with tonsilitis and an inner-ear infection...

I know how that feels, (minus the broken leg) i fully sympathise.

Id suggest downloading the Wow trial and enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'd pick Shadow of the colossus from the given titles. But if you're housebound and only have sixty quid you might want to aim for a game that lasts a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

What about Farenheit you could probabley get that cheap with another game. Farenheit was a brilliant game and one of the only games I finished and went back and played again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Bully is only about €20 on play.com at the moment, I got it for my bro this Crimbo and was so taken by it that I decided to grab a copy for myself too:) I'd definitely recommend that one

Wasn't too keen on SotC... The piss poor frame rate pretty much ruined the game for me

Ordered a copy of God of War for myself off ebay... can't wait to get stuck into that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

TBH I didnt like Bully it was very repetitive you might like it if you like GTA but to me it was the same thing over and over again. Even the missions were pretty much the same you talk to someone go bash someone and head back to the person who gave you the mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

dmigsy wrote:
    Get God of War and the first Lego Star Wars
    Second the notion for God of War, superb game, and Lego Star Wars is just darn good fun, cant go wrong with either of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Black is only a tenner in Xtravision, and it's a class game. Been hearing that it's quite short though, I only bought it today and haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

if you have a PC dark messiah of might & magic is only a tenner in xtra-vision too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

dmigsy wrote:

Get God of War and the first Lego Star Wars along with Gran Turismo 4/ Psychonauts for your 60 quid. All great games (GOW especially) and would give you plenty of variation.

Go with these (Psychonauts especially). All wonderful games. Bully is excellent too, nice length too compared with a few of the other games mentioned.

Advertisement