Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 months on....

Options
  • 29-12-2006 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

What's the verdict on Berbatov ??

I have to admit I didn't have a clue who he was and feared he might well be another Rebrov or Postiga.

Well I'm happy to say that I'm delighted with him so far. If he can pick up his game away from the Lane he could go on to be a proper legend.

Also get the feeling he's really enjoying it at Spurs.

7.5/10 so far, well done fella :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Singing the guy's praises for an age now, he's a class act Shane.

Brought the best out of Defoe, and I think the away form will come once we sort out the entire team's demeanour on their travels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Was worried a month or two ago - he seemed to want to do very little unless the ball was played to his feet or head.....no chasing or tracking back if the pass went awry or someone got the ball off him.

For the past couple of matches though, he's proved me wrong, and long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm not far off being completely satisfied with him. He's scored 6 EPL goals, 10 in total, but set up 7 EPL goals - that's higher than any other player in the league, and if you're not going to score 25 goals a season the best response is to set up more than that, which he looks like he'll do.

I'm hoping his away form picks up. If it does, he could well score more than 30 in all competitions, assuming we stay in the Cups!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I'm delighted! I think he can still improve with tracking back occasionally but I agree it would be unfair to single out his away form over the other players.

Was at the Lane on Saturday actually for the Liverpool match and he did very well when he came on considering he had an illness.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I think he is the nearest we have to world class - great finisher, wish Defoe would take a leaf and go for technique instead of power on occasions.

Only criticism - needs to do better in the air, good positional sense but lacks power.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement