Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a UK phone adaptor for a cordles BT phone?

Options
  • 29-12-2006 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Do I need a UK phone adaptor for a cordles BT phone? I got a BT synergy 4100 in argos. One end of the lead fits in the base unit, the other is a larger one, I presume it is a UK connector. I have tried 2 phone wires which fitted in (one with 2 connectors one with 4). Neither one works with the phone.

So do I need some adaptor or is there something else simple I may be missing? The other phones are working fine and it is fully charged.

EDIT: seems I might need a convertor
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054918720&referrerid=&highlight=synergy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭muffinhead

Did you get your phone in Argos here or in the UK?

Last time I bought a phone in Argos they gave me an adapter to go with it at no extra charge. The adapter came from a box under the counter, so before you go and buy one check with Argos that you shouldn't have got one as part of the purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

muffinhead wrote:
    Did you get your phone in Argos here or in the UK?

Last time I bought a phone in Argos they gave me an adapter to go with it at no extra charge. The adapter came from a box under the counter, so before you go and buy one check with Argos that you shouldn't have got one as part of the purchase.

I got it here, thanks for the info. I was aware it might need something like the old modems did. I expected argos would have mentioned it, like how they have little notes saying "this item takes 4 AA batteries item 394-3209"

I checked argos's book and couldnt see them selling the adaptors. Makes sense it would be given with it, they must get lots of returns from people who think it is faulty.

Advertisement