Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XPS M1710 or Aurora m9700

• 29-12-2006 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a gaming laptop with a budget of €2000 all inclusive.

The two laptops I am looking at are in the header.

The dell has a Core 2 Duo @2.0Ghz with a Geforce 7900 Go,

The Alienware has a Turion @ 2.4Ghz with a Geforce 7900 Gs.

Any help / advice would be much appreciated and if you know of anywhere I could get similar laptops for a similar price, Id love to know.

Regards, Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I would definately go for the Dell.

Only for the CPU as it will beat a Turion hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭DonkeyRhubarb

Im confused with alienwares strategy.

They use the Turion for their top two laptops and the Core 2 Duo for their lower end ones. This makes no sense to me. eg, the mALX is nearly €4000 and has a Turion in it.

Anyone able to make any sense of this?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

More profit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah it's a bit of a baffler alright. In their sli laptop they had a Turion too, which seems ridiculous. All the reviews shot it down over this...

Advertisement