Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is any1 else really bored...?

Options
  • 29-12-2006 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Agghhhh!! Im so bored!!! when you get used to livin in dublin and going in to college everyday, being at home is so dull. I can't wait to get back to college! I dont have a job because with the exams there was really no time to even think about employment but i wish i had something to keep me going. Don't get me wrong its nice not having any exams but, come on, there is NOTHING to do here. College is great even if your just walking around theres is always life and excitment around it, from D4's to the more colourful (wacky) people. I love UCD! Thank-God my course is 4 years cos i dont know what i'd do without it.
    Also, in the depts of my boredom one day, i began to ponder and fantasize about the magical thought of inter-railing. Unfortunately, i havent done it yet, but i really want to. The thing i dont get though is how do people afford it? In order to get by a year in college, i have to work for the 3 or 4 months we are off in the summer so i have no time to go inter-railing. The only solution i can find is to go during the mid-term, but 3 weeks doesnt seem to be enough time. Is it? www.sayit.ie have an offer where you purchase a global ticket for roughly €384 and allows you to travel for a month. Thats what i want. Enough time to explore as much as Europe as possible and get lost (not literally hopefully) adventure.
    I want to go on an adventure holiday too, which when i tell people about their eyes open with awe and their imaginations run wild just as mine is doing now. I better stop. Good, thats another ten minutes gone!
    Bye!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

only a week and a bit gone and yea im bored outta my tree.............
    Another 3 weeks+ to go.....**yawn**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I've pretty much decided to tell my family I'm back to college a week earlier than I actually am.

must.....escape......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Have ye no friends at home or something?

I'd kill another week at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

abelard wrote:
    I've pretty much decided to tell my family I'm back to college a week earlier than I actually am.

must.....escape......

Yeah once you're not fooled into thinking that there's anything going on in UCD other than skater boys skating... badly. You could go to the sales.... rubbish. Or visit me ;), am actually quite bored and isolated up in Dub-er-lin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Lovin' been away from college! :) Well, tbh I love anywhere which isn't UCD but been able to chill, doss, get up at 2 in the afternoon, catch up and do things you havent done in ages, no worries about wanky assignments.... wouldnt swap it for the world!!! Knowing me I'll be bored stiff in a week but I can't believe people are bored before it's even new years :confused:

Enjoy these days before you're all working in office jobs or whatever ye do! *shudders*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Its nice to be home.
    • Its warm
    • Good food
    • Clothes getting (magically) cleaned
    • Nice big cable TV
    • Computer Games
    • Knowing most ppl in a pub

But I love the whole college life. Im heading back up for new years and will be sticking around for a week long binge*, so if you wanna organise a boards beers I'll come along.

*A 7 day binge isnt all that fun when you just go to the same few pubs and 1 of only 2 niteclubs. In fact its kinda depressing to see the same geezers in the pub all day every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm very very bored. Half thinking of getting a job in a shop for a while, then quitting a few weeks into college.
    I'm going to New York on Monday, so that will kill some time.
    I'm used to working full time during the hols so this is really weird, just hanging around doing nothing and being poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'm not bored because I'm in Spain. The few months between finishing college and getting a job were cripplingly boring though. I never thought I'd want a job so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'm not bored. Then again, I started back at work yesterday. I have Jan 1st off, and should get three or four other days off before I go back to college. Hated coming back to Dublin so soon after Christmas though. Didn't even get a chance to go out at home, I was so busy. Poo.

At least when the library re-opens I can "study" a little before I go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Im not bored cos i am great at doing nothing. Yay nothingness til the 22nd. Or until i get another medical to re-get my job. (Boo blood and urine tests)

But to sum up, yay doing nothing. Also i live at home so its the same as always in the holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Pythia wrote:
    I'm going to New York on Monday, so that will kill some time.
    for your sake,im going to pretend you didnt mean that :eek:

i dont know what kind of life you have in the "country" OP but god im absolutely loving having so much time off!!its sooo good!especially now that all my familys going back to work so i have the house to myself :) (not that im actually awake to enjoy it!)god,enjoy the hols while you have them!!!

on a side note,is everyone not modulariseed now,so theyre starting new modules in jan??this=new material=nothing to study :cool: so why would one be dragging oneself to the library??(except forth years..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

im working new years eve. you people dont know how well you have it....

collect stamps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I have a job and a reading list and a free gaf and a load of drinking money.

I love Xmas break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I have nothing to do but wait for results.. that and finalise my flight stuff for going to Australia next semester. God, my life is so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Jesus lads would you not go to the pub with your mates? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Students having money for the pub? Are ya mental mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Enjoy these days before you're all working in office jobs or whatever ye do! *shudders*
    Rather sad to be admitting it, but I'm rather looking forward to going back to work (office type job). And I don't have half the amount of time off as you guys. There's only so much crap xmas TV I can stomach....

Pantsless wrote:
    im working new years eve. you people dont know how well you have it....

HAHAHAHAHAHA. You should have stayed unemployed so. It's your own fault. Then again it does mean that you're forced to avoid having a **** night out, because you're working.

I'll be watching Jools and falling asleep on the couch, ready to enjoy a nice lie in Monday morning. (No, this morning's lie in until 7.10 doesn't really count, although it was lovely.) New Years is a bit boring, really. I don't see the point in paying over the odds to go get bladdered with other frantic, sober people before it turns 12 so you're suitably pissed to welcome in the new year. Besides, all the fun parties where you don't have to be ossified to have a good time are at home, and I can't go home because I'm working tomorrow and Tuesday, like most employed people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

Lovin' been away from college! :) Well, tbh I love anywhere which isn't UCD but been able to chill, doss, get up at 2 in the afternoon, catch up and do things you havent done in ages, no worries about wanky assignments.... wouldnt swap it for the world!!! Knowing me I'll be bored stiff in a week but I can't believe people are bored before it's even new years :confused:

Oh God, imagine when we finish college and enter the real world. :eek:
    Now, thats something I am not looking forward to. everyday 9-5 doing pretty much the same thing for what, 40-45 years......:(
    No please God no.....
    I was working in an office for 3.5 months during the summer and it nealry drove me mental. Mind you, i wasnt complaining when i had a nice big fat bank balance at the end of it all!
    Is any1 terrified of spending their whole life working once u finish college? No tax-back, no student discount, no binge drinking and sleeping all the next day, getting out of bed only to pay the pizza/chinese delivery man.....ah memories.
    College is such a unique time in our lives, I love every minute of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I thought id be bored but ive been busy non stop. Its great though cos my boyf is down in Limerick so I get to spend quality time with him which I dont get during the year.:)

One thing id reccomend to do if your bored is to use the time off to learn to drive. I was bored last summer and spent the summer practising with my car in the fields and now Ive got my test next month. Id never have time during college to learn to drive and have the time for lessons etc and you sort of want to know how to drive when your working so this is the perfect time to get that driving licemce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Sooooo bored. It's only started now though. I didn't come home for christmas until the 22nd because I used a few days after exams finished to do my Christmas shopping, clean the house and have a bit of a party (and basically avoid going back home to the middle of nowhere). The minute I got home I had a Christmas ball and loads of carol service type things and then I got sick and I'm only getting better now.

Am heading back to Dublin this Sunday because there are 5 kids under the age of 5 in my house every day of the week and I can't take it any longer. They ask stupid questions, get crap on your clothes, cry a lot and take over the tv with mindnumbing crap like Dora the bloody Explorer. I have, in fact, gone totally insane.

Aside from that, stuff I've done to preserve sanity thus far-

*enough sale shopping to make my credit card melt
    *read an average of a book every two days.
    *endless rehearsals for a musical I have coming up
    *visited all my mates from home that I never get to see
    *been freakishly organised (and presumptive) and written all of my Observer comment for the 2nd term.
    *done 6 patches for my patchwork quilt (being isolated in the country does strange things to a girl).

I miss UCD! Suggest some sort of fora where those of us who are really bored could get together to entertain each other or at the very least share our woes....oh wait...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I've been rather bored up until now - now i'm freaking out big style.

I came home on the 23rd having had exams up until the 21st so took some time in Dublin and sorted out things.

Had nothing to do for college, saw all my friends and they've all been busy swatting for essays and exams they have coming up soon as they're all in UCC so hanging out with them was curtailed.

Was just waiting around and now the fact I'm leaving on Saturday and heading up to Dublin this coming Friday has sprung up on me and I'm not good. I have nothing organised and due to my computer being cranky before I fixed it i have to replace the 2,000 songs it deleted off my Zen. This is on top of clearing up all the stuff that came down from Dublin as I moved out of my house in Dublin over Christmas too.

Why are things not organised????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Pantsless

when do we go back? i dont want to go back.

If you're in 3rd Radiography it's the 8th of January.

If you're anybody else it's the 22nd of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

they want me back in labs on the 8th... but ill be away until the 16th... so I guess I'll be back then!

lectures start on the 22nd, as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

elmyra wrote:

*done 6 patches for my patchwork quilt (being isolated in the country does strange things to a girl).
    What country do you live in.........alabama in the middle ages?!Who makes patchwork quilts now!

elmyra wrote:
    Suggest some sort of fora where those of us who are really bored could get together to entertain each other or at the very least share our woes....oh wait...:p

Id defo be up for this...Next thursday would be particularly great,,someone should organise a board beers or patchwork quilt making session.......

panda100 wrote:
    What country do you live in.........alabama in the middle ages?!Who makes patchwork quilts now!

I happen to have taken up knitting - people do believe in doing old school things. You're obviously not in the 'in' crowd - otherwise you'd know that knitting and quilt making are all the range in all the cool places - LA and London instantly spring to mind.... ;)

I think I might be getting two days off before I go back to college! WOOHOO! As for study, balls to that, I'll just work like crazy when I go back. I hope.

Come to NUIG.We are all back the 8th.Should be a mad week.The go to Ul the week after then roll back to Ucd the next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I started a similar thread last year so I know exactly how ya feel OP. This year I've absolutely no time to spare ..not even for boards or IRC:eek: :eek: :eek: OP I reccomend a job and an OH to remedy the boredom;) I think I'm gonna come back to UCD a week earlier like someone mentioned just to give myself a holiday!

[oh and my plans for the nxt 2 wks are similar to the Dazzlers... NUI Boozefest Tour '07]

Advertisement