Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT broadband... whats the word?

Options
  • 29-12-2006 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting BT broadband 2 or 3MB package.

Any other BT users out there? how does their service compare with the competition?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I switched to BT from Eircom about 3 months ago. No problems with service or Speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Have it 6 months, no outages or problems so far.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

There are a zillion threads on the pros and cons of BT if you do a search - two or three of ''the word''s are billing and customer service.

If you are thinking of ordering a 3Mb from any isp you should check in advance (if you can - its easy enough to do if you have bb already) that your line can handle it - save yourself a lot of trouble in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

We've had it for two months and no problems with the service at all, but as dub45 mentioned, the customer support is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

Service is acceptable

if you are close to an Eircom Exchange their QoS is alot better , just the latency/ response overall of especially the 3MB Package

again if it works its fine , if you have to call their customer service they are useless , although heard some recent good reports of them correcting some Bill F%%%ups quickly

If price is an issue then go with BT

If you can afford it , go for Eircom , if close to the exchange

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

well if ur in the 051 area steer clear, must users of esat have been down for 2 weeks now and no proper official statement from esat yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 shane55

I have BT broadband about 6 months. It works fine but their billing is atrocious. I have received 4 bills to date and all have been incorrect. They keep neglecting to apply the discount for having Broadband and phone. The phone call rates are also incorrect. They dont seem to be using the published rates. I have emailed them and phoned them but the bills keep arriving incorrect. The only reason I am still with them is that I am not paying by direct debit so I only pay them what I owe

• Registered Users Posts: 23 MoreBeer

Thinking of getting BT broadband 2 or 3MB package.

Any other BT users out there? how does their service compare with the competition?

thanks

I have had BT 1Mb Broadband for 5 months now. I find the broadband service very good and have had no issues with Billing. Bills are as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

We've had it for about three years with no problems with the service or billing which is direct debit.

Advertisement