Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 19" LCD-TV - Poor as a TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Link is not currently working but I presume you mean its the 940MW?

I have this one and the only complaint I have about it is that the sound and video tend not to be sync'd well. I've noticed this on DVDs through various inputs (SCART, component, RCA) and also on Sky Digital via SCART/RCA.

Maybe I'm extra sensitive to the sync problem but it bugs the hell out of me when the lips of actors are not in time with the sounds coming from them.

Picture quality and sound quality are absolutely fine though in their own right, just the sync problem bugs me.

EDIT: Just reading another thread and apparently the lip sync error might be to do with how this TV scales the picture. This strikes a cord with me regarding this TV as its aspect ratio is 16:10 rather than 16:9 so there may be inherent problems with sound syncing as the picture needs to be scaled to 16:10. Can anyone confirm whether my theory might have some truth to it?

Advertisement