Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dec 30th Prem fixtures (is it Saturday again already?!)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

3-0 to Everton from 3 set pieces. With barely any defenders it was bound to happen sooner or later. Someone put me out of my ****ing misery now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

hehehe Sodje getting sent off. The whistle already went for Rooney being offside.

EDIT ref gives a free for the foul, disregarded the offside flag.

Watford - Widan abandoned due to waterlogged pitch. Always good for a short clip on the highlights.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Watford game abandoned due to that downpour. Pitch too dangerous. Doh what he /\ said!

Mike.

3-1 Utd, Ronaldo. Slight hint of offside only brought on by shockign defending.

The right full just walked away as ifto say "player free on the back post? sure how could that be a problem"

Chelsea and Fulham 2-2, Citeh go one up.

Mike.

At least Chelsea are making a balls of things. Small mercies.

Ooooooh! Berbatov off-side. Liverpool are playing 13 behind the ball.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Ooooooh! Berbatov off-side. Liverpool are playing 13 behind the ball.

Mike.
    How many matches are u watching?

• Advertisement

None at all! The magic of BBC fivelive, its a smorgasboard of football on a day this busy! :)

Mike.

Jesus for all their money you'd think Chelsea would have reserve defenders able to go at least 1 game without conceding 2 goals, it's bloody shocking.

Reading scores Lita.

Liverpool win

Mike.

You'd think he would have run in to get the ball instead of going off celebrating. They are 3-2 down not 4-2.

What sort of a commentator is he? sayign the richardson card was harsh? He ran after him deliberately to kick him. :rolleyes:

Anyone got stats for Chelsea goals conceeded this season v last?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

6 points ahead baby :P

Oh I love you fulham.

I'm fairly sure Ole's first and Ronaldo's 2nd were just marginally offside, but they are always unlikely to be given.

Ronaldo MOM again with 2 goals and a assist, who doesn't have him in their fantasy team :P

Chelsea's weakness in depth at the back is shown again.

Slyvestre once again plays, makes a huge mistake. It's one mistake a game from him, it's almost like clockwork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Stekelly wrote:
    What sort of a commentator is he? sayign the richardson card was harsh? He ran after him deliberately to kick him. :rolleyes:

I said the same thing. No intent...... he lost the ball and went after the man. Deserved card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Uniteds performance today reminded me of some of those horrible performances of the last couple of years, e.g. vs Boro, vs Blackburn. Games where literally anything could have happened.

Performance aside, huge day for United. Cant believe Chelsea slipped up at home again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

another class day for united. giggs was awesome when he came on but once again, ronaldo does the business. have a feeling that fergie may rest him on monday, id leave him play and then he has a 2 week rest until the next league game.great second half performance but silvestre, please just sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

United just did enough today. Again Silvestre and Carrick disappoint, along with Rooney to a lesser extent (who is judged on his extremely high standards and was man marked today). Ronaldo gave his lately usual 8 or 9 out ten performance...and O Shea was solid enough for a change. great to see Solskjaer scoring regular again. Giggs was very good when he came on. No messing there with him

Chelsea slipping up, who would believe it. Is it Terry alone or is there more problems at the bridge. Long may it continue :D !

Brilliant win for Liverpool, wasnt expecting it tbh. Put your house on them finishing third ahead of Bolton and Arsenal

• Advertisement

Sorry, are they playing the Star Wars music at the Arsenal game? wtf?

United's best possible strike team, dare I say it's Ole and Saha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

United missed Vidic at the back today. Scholes wasn't missed quite as much when Giggs came on in the second half to influence things.

United 6 points clear going into the new year and Chelsea are looking shaky. I'd never have expected that at the start of the season.

PHB wrote:
    Sorry, are they playing the Star Wars music at the Arsenal game? wtf?

United's best possible strike team, dare I say it's Ole and Saha?

rooney to take scholes position in the long term future?! is ronaldo playing upfront at the moment or is it that he is just everywhere? rooney seems to be playing alot deeper over the past month. larsson apparantly is banging them in, in training.

Arsenal have started excellently agianst sheffield united.

rooney to take scholes position in the long term future?!

Rooney doesn't have the range of passing to take Scholes position as a CM, he does have the ability to play in a 4-4-1-1, but we don't have the type of squad for that currently.
    is ronaldo playing upfront at the moment or is it that he is just everywhere?

Fergie has pretty much given him free reign to attack whereever and whenever he wants, although he encourages him to stay wide. It's why he doesn't track back, he is our first attacker unless Saha is playing.
    rooney seems to be playing alot deeper over the past month.

Yeh, but he's been quite poor recently, his first touch has really been letting him down. That said, he still has 8 goals and 5 assists, it's just he's not living up to his standerds. We'll need him to find form if we want to take the CL to further stages.
    larsson apparantly is banging them in, in training.

Great, but with the way Ole is playing, who cares :P I can see him being kept till the end of the season though tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

You beauty, 6 points clear get in there!!

I am off to sacrafice a live goat to the football gods to try and make sure Ronaldo stays fit for the season and Silvestre gets a stomach flu that lasts the rest of his contract.

arsenal loosing 1-0.

Arse laying seige by the sounds of it.

Blades not blunted 1-0 win

1 Man Utd 53
    2 Chelsea 47
    3 Bolton 39
    4 Liverpool 37
    5 Arsenal 36
    6 Portsmouth 35
    7 Everton 31
    8 Tottenham 31
    9 Reading 27
    10 Man City 26
    11 Fulham 26
    12 Aston Villa 25
    13 Newcastle 25
    14 Blackburn 25
    15 Sheff Utd 23
    16 Wigan 22(game in hand)
    17 Mid'boro 21
    18 West Ham 18
    19 Charlton 16
    20 Watford 11(game in hand)

Mike.

What happened to Kenny? Sent off I assume? Only noticed Jagielka in goal at the end. I assume it was only for a bit at the end.

EDIT. just looking at the live score on SS. Kenny taken off (injured?) with 30 mins to go. Jagielka must be a half decent keeper so? Or are Arsenal muck?:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal were unbelievably bad. Absolutely dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

so if jaglielka is on your fantasy team does he get points as a def and gk?

• Advertisement

I doubt it. it's just one of those things. Liek the way Riise plays in midefield and at the back , he's in as a defender though i think. So if he is playing left wing and he's scores in a 1-0 win you get points for a defender scoreing and a clean sheet. Though with the Sheff utd situation it's bad side of it.

The game is a bit of a bad reflection on Arsenal's ability to adapt their game. They really should have peppered the goal with shots every time they got near the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

mike65 wrote:
    Arse laying seige by the sounds of it.

Blades not blunted 1-0 win

1 Man Utd 53
    2 Chelsea 47
    3 Bolton 39
    4 Liverpool 37
    5 Arsenal 36
    6 Portsmouth 35
    7 Everton 31
    8 Tottenham 31
    9 Reading 27
    10 Man City 26
    11 Fulham 26
    12 Aston Villa 25
    13 Newcastle 25
    14 Blackburn 25
    15 Sheff Utd 23
    16 Wigan 22(game in hand)
    17 Mid'boro 21
    18 West Ham 18
    19 Charlton 16
    20 Watford 11(game in hand)

Mike.

Blackburn have a game in hand too. Watford have 2 games in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

worst Arsenal performance i have seen in a long long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

jaysus martins penalty was terrible!

Call_me_al wrote:
    jaysus martins penalty was terrible!
    Indeed. Did anyone else notice that he took it with his left foot despite having scored our previous penalty against Reading with his right?

The winning and obvious pun of the week goes to Goals on Sundays caption to Moritz Volz's goal yesterday. "15,000 Volz". :)

Lads on goals on sunday just saying that Lee McCullough's ban isnt lifted even thiugh he missed the game yesterday that was abandoned, which I think is fair enough. But Someone got booked yesterday and it stands. wtf???

Who makes these retarded rules. Should Heskey be allowed keep his goal too.? Sure why not give him an extra 2 for the craic? :rolleyes:

Advertisement