Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'98/'99 M3 EVO vs. C43 AMG vs. S4???

Options
  • 29-12-2006 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Apart from the M3 Saloon, which I have experience of, anyone have any experience of any of the above? Hoping to purchase next year. Have done a good bit of web research so know about the (from what I gather overblown) Vanos issue on the M3 etc. Know a good bit about the M3, but not so much the others...Any comments or suggestions welcome, pro's/cons. etc. !

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

What year vehicles for the Merc and Audi? For example, pre 2004 S4s used a turbocharged 6-banger, whilst 2004 and later ones use an extremely nice V8.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd been having very similar thoughts lately myself! At the risk of stating the obvious, the C43 is auto only, whereas the S4, although theoretically available in auto, seems to be only available in manual. There is a C36 for sale on carzone at the moment, a drive in that might help, although the C43 is supposed to be somewhat different in character. I know of a 00 C43 with 36k and xenons in the UK that could be got for £13,500 STG, if you're interested I could PM you the details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Anything I'd be looking at would be '98 vintage, so the S4 would be the 2.7 turbo. Cheers for the offer Anan1, but £13.5k is too rich for my blood at the moment!

Advertisement