Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flashing or chipped xbox 360

Options
  • 29-12-2006 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭

whats the difference between flashing and chipping a xbox 360

what would be the best

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Have you got a machine already?

I only know about flashing. All it does is allow you to play backup discs on your 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

it really depends on what u want.
    a fw mod is a good solution for now, if u have the right equipment it will cost u nothing , u ll be able to play backups ( even on live).
    So far ms did not take any action against it but who knows... if tomorrow they do something, ur console will not see xbox live ever again.
    Theoretically they could detect that u have the fw flashed and ur playin xtreme version backups since the security sector of these is not totally undetectable.

modchip: the 2 main chips u could consider are the globe360 and nme 1.2.
    the globe is mad hard to install, the nme is relatively easy.
    what they do is use the hacked fw only when ur playin ur backup so technically is ms checks, u still will have the original fw present in ur drive and u cant get banned.
    apparantly the nme is a very good chip since the security sector is better than with the xtreme makin it more difficult to detect.

tbh if i was in u ( and i am cos im gonna mod my 360 soon) i would consider the flash only if i could get it done for free.
    if i had to spend money on it ,and prob i will, i would just get a chip installed and then not have to worry about it ever again

Advertisement