Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet gone mad!?

Options
  • 29-12-2006 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

My internet has suddenly stopped working properly

It was working fine around 15 minutes ago - then I reopened firefox and the only website I can open is boards.ie which loads very slowly and my college site
    nothing else works, MSN doesn't work neither do programs such as poker sites or games

The same thing on my laptop - no other websites work

I am on Irish broadband and I use a netgear router but I haven't altered any settings to make this happen

Any idas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

yep looks as if all connections not directly hosted/connected to the INEX is gone. However I am on IBB so if there is someone on another provider who can verify as it could be IBB's transatlantic and european lines. Don't want to start jumping if it affecting all providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

your having a similar problem?

i stopped using router, plugged straight into my laptop from the IBB modem and it seems to be working now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

It just seemed to be IBB , probably the clearwire lads plugging in teh new traffic shaping gear

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Bushy don't even joke about that. I'm on a business account so it will be interesting if they throttle my connection when the sale goes through....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

what alternatives do I have to IBB without a phone line?

• Advertisement
Advertisement