Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola l6i tones.

• 29-12-2006 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭

I got this phone the other day and it won't play any mp3 ring tones I put on it.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

I got this phone the other day and it won't play any mp3 ring tones I put on it.

Any thoughts?

Error messages? Did you buy it on a network or sim free?

Some networks brand phones in such a way that they can only play MP3S that you have bought from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

xanthor wrote:
    Error messages? Did you buy it on a network or sim free?

Some networks brand phones in such a way that they can only play MP3S that you have bought from them.

I bought it from o2..damn them to heck!

I'll trade the phone with someone :P thanks for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

It doesnt play mp3. Only midi (polyphonic).

It does recognise ac3 as audio, but wont play it for me. I got bored trying to make it work and dont really care about tones anyway, I just took some of the midis off my v635 and worked away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Did you get Mobile Phone Tools software with it?
    It technically supports MP3, but you have to do it through the software

Downloadable Content: Doja applications, images and ringtones (midi)

So it doesnt support MP3.

MPT isnt supplied with it from o2, and wont help with that either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i had mp3's on my old l6 that i loaded on myself and they worked fine. mine was meteor locked

l6 > l6i

I havent been able to get my l6i to talk to PST or any P2K software to enable the missing features.

The L6i (imode) definitely does support MP3 tones
    Spec Sheet

What size tones are you trying with it?

Also, @bp_me, you need different drivers for L6i as its not a Motorola board. Its made by Mitsubishi for Moto

Where could one find these drivers?

You can get the drivers here

• Advertisement
Advertisement