Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky dish Top Floor Apartment

Options
  • 29-12-2006 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hiya I saw a couple of posts about this already but was just wondering does anyone know if, in my apartment contract there is a rule about no sky dishes, would it be possible to put the dish on the roof above my apartment. I.e. away from public view

Do you think the contract means no dish on roof either? (I do'nt have the contract handy but know there is a rule about no dishes).

Thanks a mil. any replies would be v v vmuch appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Unless there is a clause specifically permitting the mounting of dishes out of sight, I'd have to go with the original clause prohibiting the mounting of dishes.

The safest approach would be to contact the management committee for clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

In my estate, we had a rule saying 'no dishes' but everyone put them up anyway. The management company said in the AGM that unless they were contacted about a specific dish/apartment they would not be asking people to take them down.

It's a tough situation to call. They can look ugly, especially the larger ones (sky 'mini-dishes' are quite small) but having said that, NTL and Chorus are a no-go area so what do you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Polly~Flower

Thanks a mil for the replies. I guess I don't want to risk putting it up if I am forced to take it back down. Its a flat roof and nothing is overlooking the roof so no one could see it, so was thinking of taking the risk.. maybe I will talk to sky about it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Check out Communal Sky. If you and a few neighbours club together maybe you can convince the management company to allow one dish for communal use.

Plus it will increase the value of the apartments too :)

http://communaltv.sky.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

You can also get some really nice looking Dish "hiders". If you have a small balcony in the apartment they can be fitted to the railings and from almost anywhere, they look like a light stand.

See below:
    http://www.ddelec.com/digiglobe.htm

you can also place the disk inside, behind a window. If you are pointing in the right direction, this will work too.

BTW, might be better posting in the Satellite forum, guys there are bound to know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Polly~Flower

Yes great thanks for the advice. I knew as soon as I posted it that I had put it in the wrong place. But think I have the advice I need now. Yay!

Advertisement