Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone here know of a half decent gym in midleton or youghal area ,all I seem to

Options
  • 29-12-2006 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

Does anyone here know of a half decent gym in midleton or youghal area ,all I seem to be able to find are leisure centres?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

The only ones i know of are the park hotel, in midleton and the new aura leisure centre in youghal. What's the difference between a decent gym and a leisure centre?

Edit:: I just found out about a "proper" gym that's either opening soon or has opened recently in midleton. Only a gym- no pool. Is this the thing you're looking for? Apparently, it's supposed to be way better than the park? Let me know if you need to know the location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭juanveron45

That would be a big help where in midleton is it.Basically a decent gym is one that has enough weight for lifting must leisure centres only have dumbells that go up to 20kg,way to light for me.

It's down Dywer's Road, near the Park Hotel. If you're heading towards Cork City from Midleton, you pass the Park Hotel on your left, and the entrance to Tesco is on your right. Take the left after the hotel (Dwyer's Road), you pass an estate on your left, and you take the next left into the factories.

I don't know which building it is but I'm gonna have a look later on because it's supposed to be cheaper than the hotel and better with free weights and schtuff. I'll let you know the name and where it's at in the industrial estate.

Thanks aspiration

Can you get the name of that gym in midleton to me asap as I hope to join tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Bam! A New Years Resolution gym bunny! The bane of my training life! Well for a month anyway until they all give up again.

Actually d-generate your assumptions are wrong im a regular gym goer my usual gym membership eneded before xmas,that gym was in cork city im looking for a gym closer to me which is why im looking for one in midleton, I could say those who make assuptions without the facts are the bane of most peoples lifes.

Hey juanveron, im so sorry. Went to germany there for a bit and forgot about ya! Anyways.. the gym's called Midleton Fitness Centre (how original). Did you check it out?

Advertisement