Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Cinelpex

• 29-12-2006 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Went To see Deja Vu in the Cineplex tonight. Screeching/tearing on left speakers. Advised attendants. Usual story. Nothing happened. Persisted throughout the film. If it isn't bloody unfocused films it's something else. Honestly - that bloody place - and €16 for both of us to get in.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

wel if there was a screeching on the left speakers why didnt you move nearer the right speakers he he.only messing the place gets worse everytime i go there.dungarven for me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Car Mad wrote:
    wel if there was a screeching on the left speakers why didnt you move nearer the right speakers he he.only messing the place gets worse everytime i go there.dungarven for me ;)

Go on ya gowler!

Yeah I think I'd be better off going there myself. Especially now that, apparently, the new cinema won't be opeing in Railway Square:eek: due to size, parking difficulties, etc.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Christ. This forum is obsessed with the bloody cinema. What's this? The 15th thread this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Same could be said for Traffic at the Forum.. every week it is the same thing a new thread on what is on at the Forum.. why not just make a sticky

Bards wrote:
    Same could be said for Traffic at the Forum.. every week it is the same thing a new thread on what is on at the Forum.. why not just make a sticky

Exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Freddie59 wrote:
    Especially now that, apparently, the new cinema won't be opeing in Railway Square:eek: due to size, parking difficulties, etc.:mad:

Where did you hear this? I don't recall any such thing being reported in the local meeja...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Great Film I have to say. I was in the exact room and probably beside ya for all I know. Ya werent sitting at the very back with a load of young lads who couldnt keep there feat still and had to keep kicking me chair, oh and also couldnt stop their mouths from moving when giving a running commentary on the film. Oh and did I forget something? Yes, I believe I did. The ****ers (excuse my german :P) then decided to start throwing paper. Shut em up by turning around, not a word outta dem for the rest of the film. /rant.

Anyway, ya I heard the noise but the movie was loud enough to cover it so I didnt say nothing. What did they say when you mentioned it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

fade2black wrote:
    Christ. This forum is obsessed with the bloody cinema. What's this? The 15th thread this year?

Ah now dont be so harsh. We all love to go watch movies on the wide screen and expect that our local cinema who charge a fortune actually maintain the place properly. :D

Although, its getting fairly popular these threads. Like that robot or person posting about the forum (down right advertisement if you ask me) in Waterford. One thread will do, just bump-it-galore. ;D

Any outsider looking in would think that all we care about is cinemas and new roads! ;)

(EDIT - What a super 6000th post)

fade2black wrote:
    Any outsider looking in would think that all we care about is cinemas and new roads! ;)

Nothing else to whine about really!
    (EDIT - What a super 6000th post)

Indeedy! Congrats to you!

• Advertisement

2% of those 6000 posts were useful I believe.

Now...what's this about the new cinema?

Sully04 wrote:
    Great Film I have to say. I was in the exact room and probably beside ya for all I know. Ya werent sitting at the very back with a load of young lads who couldnt keep there feat still and had to keep kicking me chair, oh and also couldnt stop their mouths from moving when giving a running commentary on the film. Oh and did I forget something? Yes, I believe I did. The ****ers (excuse my german :P) then decided to start throwing paper. Shut em up by turning around, not a word outta dem for the rest of the film. /rant.

Anyway, ya I heard the noise but the movie was loud enough to cover it so I didnt say nothing. What did they say when you mentioned it?

Yeah Sully, absolutely brilliant film. I just got the usual blank stare from the attendant. I was at the 6:30pm show. Same problem with some skater dudes yakking at the top of their voices. They were ignoring two ladies in their 50s behind them, so words were had. All was then quiet. Great ending I have to say.

fricatus wrote:
    Where did you hear this? I don't recall any such thing being reported in the local meeja...

It's doing the rounds the last couple of days Fric. Might be only a rumour. Sincerely hope it is!

fade2black wrote:

Well I suppose the same can be said of certain topics on other fora. However, to me that amount of threads is an indication as to how badly that cinema is run. For God's sake this is the 21st Century. This shouldn't happen. End of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Sully04 wrote:
    Like that robot or person posting about the forum (down right advertisement if you ask me) in Waterford. One thread will do, just bump-it-galore. ;D

I thought this self advertising was against the Charter.

Bards wrote:
    I thought this self advertising was against the Charter.

Dont think this forum has any real moderator anymore. The odd mod might pop in and clean up something serious or dangerous, but not general stuff like advertising or off-topic posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

Baby4 wrote:

now thats a good one.You should of smelled a rat when they didnt show the ads:p they cant survive without vodafone.or maybe someone felt guilty about not telling ye where the exits were:D I hope it was a good film:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

The solution to much of our cinema related problems is thus:
    1. Have a free-in for one showing on all screens of some film that happens to catch the imaginations of the various knackers, delinquents, scaters, scumbags and whatever other riff-raff happen to be roaming around the city.
    2. Half way through, precision nuke the cinema from space. (Two birds, one stone.)
    3. Give the rubble to some country that needs needs concrete casing so that they can bury their nuclear waste at the bottom of the sea.
    4. Uproot the foundations of the cinema in order to protect from Indian burial ground type phenomena.
    5. Reset foundations and build a quality development to house some non-cinema related retail on it.
    6. Phone in a few death threats to the owners of Railway Sq. to 'hurry the **** up opening their cinema, or else'.

Tune in next week for a 'final' solution to the fighting in the middle east...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Check it out:

http://www.stormcinemas.ie/

Seems as if it will finally open in Summer. Hallelujah!

fricatus wrote:
    Check it out:

http://www.stormcinemas.ie/

Seems as if it will finally open in Summer. Hallelujah!

The bloody summer, ****ing laggards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mill-House

Yes it is poor indeed!Toilets are way too small and smell....i mean im 300 hundred pounds man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

merlante wrote:
    The bloody summer, ****ing laggards!

worth the wait. their cinema in limerick is class. Much nicer than the Omniplex. All A/c and nice reclining seats. Built so that no-ones head gets in your way either..

vkid wrote:
    worth the wait. their cinema in limerick is class. Much nicer than the Omniplex. All A/c and nice reclining seats. Built so that no-ones head gets in your way either..

I look forward to it. :)

But the whole Railway Sq. thing has progressed at a ridiculously slow pace. It looked 'almost' finished about a year ago, and now it just looks closed just for the sake of being closed. You'd swear some people were afraid of making money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

vkid wrote:

Yay, at last a cinema in Waterford where my view won't be blocked when someone sits in front of me. :)

Advertisement