Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sim card registration failed .....

• 29-12-2006 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

When I purchased a new phone 15 months ago I kept my old one for emergencies if the new one ever went U.S. ...... the old phone is a Voda RTG and apart from regular charging hasn't been used for a bit over a year ....

tried to add credit today to be able to use it and got "Sim card registration failed " ..... called Voda and they told me it was because of zero activity for just over a year ..... the guy re-activated the no. and all's well except all the credit on the phone was lost (Voda zero the credit when they de-activate a no.) .....

I know there was a good amount of credit on the phone so has it really been lost or can I put some pressure on them to re-credit the phone? .... :confused:

both my phones (old and new) are Voda RTG .....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd say it's lost. I'm fairly sure it'll be in the RTG terms and conditions that should the year pass, credit will be lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Unfortunately it's in the terms and conditions. Admittedly it is very sneaky, imagine your bank taking all the money out of your account if you don't make any withdrawals for a year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Unfortunately it's in the terms and conditions. Admittedly it is very sneaky, imagine your bank taking all the money out of your account if you don't make any withdrawals for a year!
    Well, I wouldn't draw that parallel.. After all, you pay some kind of maintenance fee to keep your bank account alive. For Voda RTG you are not paying any such fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

I'd say it's lost. I'm fairly sure it'll be in the RTG terms and conditions that should the year pass, credit will be lost

oh blimey ..... :(

there was 99.00 euros credit on the phone ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Everytime you call *174# to check your balance you are shown the message about how long you can make and receive calls for. I doubt if they'll do anything for you. The fact that they reactivated the number is concession enough - usually they recycle them.

• Advertisement

VODA I love you .......

Had a chat with a very nice Voda gal this morning ..... she explained the T&C's but understood my use of the phone as a standby and it's lack of use ...... said she would do her best but would have to chat with a Supervisor .....

one hour later ...... and the 99.00 euro credit was back :p

Amen ..... and thank you Voda :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

well I've learnt my lesson ..... will have to top up and use it now and then to keep the number alive ..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They really had nothing to loose by crediting it back onto his account ... it's +1 a customer for them. And he's spreading the cheer.*

I think most customer care depts will surprise you if you're on the phone with them and you are genuine.

*I still dislike Vodafone customer care though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Argh lucky git! I tried to chance my arm in November to re-activate mine with about 50 squid left on it but didn't get away with it. The old Ruu charm didn't work. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement