Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia 6136 - wifi and camera €240, good phone?

• 29-12-2006 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭

http://europe.nokia.com/link?cid=EDITORIAL_5483
    does anyone know if that phone's any good? it's the only phone I've found with both wifi and a camera that I can afford, it's €240 on expansys, not sure is it unlocked though.
    the specs say it has adobe flash so does that meen I can can watch vid's on utube and play flash games?
    and how would the wifi work? if there is a wireless network around e.g my broadband at home could i just turn the wifi on the phone on and start "surfing the net" or would there be some restrictions?

lastly, does anyone have this phone? is it any good?
    I have a sony v600i and it has a few features that the 6136 doesn't, 3g, video calling, fm radio and bluetooth, but I rarely use those, so its a sacrifice I'm willing to make. how does it stack up otherwise with it?

alot of questions asked there! hope you all have fun trying to answer them!

by

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

What a strange phone. Sorry i don't own one but just had a look at it on the GSMarena site. Big buttons, small screens,wifi, NO Bluetooth,. Looking at upgrading myself and thought WiFi would be a nice toy so took a look at this, must say it's a weired combination of features, and love those big fat buttons but want a bigger screen in next phone for Operamini.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

dohouch wrote:
    What a strange phone. Sorry i don't own one but just had a look at it on the GSMarena site. Big buttons, small screens,wifi, NO Bluetooth,. Looking at upgrading myself and thought WiFi would be a nice toy so took a look at this, must say it's a weired combination of features, and love those big fat buttons but want a bigger screen in next phone for Operamini.

Thanks for replying, I got excited for a while 'cause I thought I saw it in the carphone warehouse catalouge for €230, but its the 6131,the one with bluetooth but no wifi, O and that €240 was actually the 6131, my mistake the 6136 is €280. O I don't think a 2.2inch screen is small!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

maxitwist wrote:
    it's €240 on expansys, not sure is it unlocked though.
    AFAIK expansys only sell unlocked phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

maxitwist wrote:
    I don't think a 2.2inch screen is small!

The screen is slightly larger than 6230i, my present phone, but less pixels
    1. 6230i = 208 x 208 pixels, 27 x 27 mm
    2. 6136 = 128 x 160 pixels, 29 x 35 mm
    UMA or GAN
    (Generic Access Method) A standard for roaming between GSM cellular networks and wireless local networks (Wi-Fi LANs) from the 3GPP. Previously known as "Unified Mobile Access" (UMA), it allows dual-mode handsets to seamlessly switch between networks. GAN networks enable cellphones to obtain service inside buildings that might otherwise be difficult.
    This WiFi type is unknown to me, must go to Wiki and find out more.
    GAN is an extension of the cellular network over Wi-Fi and connects to the carrier's servers. Carriers may charge for this service. If so, subscribers may wonder why they are being charged for data that is going over their own internet connections which they provide at their own expense.

Nokia started its first public Unlicensed Mobile Access pilot over Wireless LAN in the city of Oulu during July 2006. The live trial will last at least two months and is being conducted under real life surroundings and conditions. Fifty families from the city of Oulu will be trying and testing the functionalities of this new technology with the help of a brand new Nokia 6136 mobile device.[2]

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Advertisement