Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get...

Options
  • 29-12-2006 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Computer ram other then pc world or maplins?

I need a stick of pc2700 ram but pc world, despite having surprisingly reasonable prices, are out of stock, and maplins, are charging literally 130 euro for a 512mb stick, ****.

Does anywhere else in town sell it, that anyone knows of? Thanks, need it pretty urgently...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Shop4memeory.com are in celbridge in kildare, check there site they always have stock and can order in more if they dont have what you want. PC2700 is fairly old spec now, have a look on the web for cheaper prices you will be suprised.

Ahh your in galway, but check the site they deliver to the sticks. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I checked komplett and shop4memory but PC World actually offer better prices. So I guess I might just have to wait till they order more stock....Maplins is an absolute joke, the less said the better, their advertisements had me chuckling though, charging 250% retail price and using pathetic words like 'massive', 'powerful', and ironically 'bargain' to describe their tat.

I've looked around most places online and to be honest with shipping and everything I can't beat PC Worlds prices so I was just kinda hoping someone knew anywhere else I'd get it offline. Suppose I could just buy the even cheaper pc2100 ram in PC World instead...it'll get the job done.

thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Find the right (staff) person in Maplin and you're laughing, although if you look TOO dorky, you're fecked... I think i'm that perfect medium, dorky enough to know what i'm talking about (yeah right) but angry enough looking that they reckon i'll punch them in the face if I don't leave happy :D

JohnCleary wrote:
    Find the right (staff) person in Maplin and you're laughing, although if you look TOO dorky, you're fecked... I think i'm that perfect medium, dorky enough to know what i'm talking about (yeah right) but angry enough looking that they reckon i'll punch them in the face if I don't leave happy :D

That reminds me of a time I was in Maplins, and this guy in front of me was buying some small stuff, and had their catalogue in his hand. Obviously he didn't realise you had to pay for it, the guy at the counter scanned it through, there was this big awkward pause, and then the guys goes..."Go **** yourself?" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

or you could buy a stick of pc3200 (much easier to find) which should automatically run at pc2700 speeds...
    pcworld cheaper than komplett and shop4memory??? you're having a giraffe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Did you try Currys, PC Worlds sister shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hal1 wrote:
    Ahh your in galway, but check the site they deliver to the sticks. :D
    This the Galway forum after all... Did you notice?

Havok, try Currys as Fey suggested. They should have it.

tman wrote:
    or you could buy a stick of pc3200 (much easier to find) which should automatically run at pc2700 speeds...
    pcworld cheaper than komplett and shop4memory??? you're having a giraffe!

Yeah - PC World, 256mb of Pc2700 - 29.97. Komplett - 39.99 + postage.

Same with higher increments, PC World are a bit cheaper, not to mention the cost of postage with komplett.

I would get pc3200 but its a bit more expensive then pc2700 so I just in the end went for a cheaper stick of 512mb pc2100 from pc world...it's only for an older computer anywhere so it's not so big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

guess its too late to ask if you want to buy a voucher off me??
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055034250

Advertisement